Chapter 3

That kiss I shared with Taylor left my head in a whirlwind. She's avoided me just about everyday since then, and this has been going on for four days now. On the outside, she would probably think that I didn't care. On the inside though, I was torn apart. I don't know why though. It would be stupid of me to even think I had a chance with her.

Hell. She was perfect.

I was sitting in my room reading this depressing ass book 'Lucy in the Sky' when there was a knock on my door. Glancing up I saw Taylor standing there and darted my eyes back down to my book.
"Jessie.." she said softly as she shut my door quietly behind her. I paid no attention to her and pretended to be more interested in my book then her standing there at the foot of my bed.

"Jessie, I know I haven't been talking to you much but let me explain" her voice was soft.
"Nothing to explain." I snapped out at her. Taylor then walked over towards me trying to catch my attention. I still refused to look up at her.
"Jessie" her fingers were on the back of my neck now and she titled my face up forcing me to look at her.
"Jessie I'm sorry about that kiss it was completely out of line. Please don't hate me because I kissed you, I was just a lil tipsy and I-"

Unbelievable

She stopped her sentence when I stood up and walked away from her. My stomach was making flips inside of me, I felt like I couldn't even breathe. I walked over to my desk trying to conceal the fact that I could barely walk.

She didn't kiss me cause she really wanted to, she kissed me because she had been drinking! She didn't feel for me the way I felt for her, and I don't blame her. She would only ever see me as her best friends sister.
"Jessie.." She pleaded out to me softly
"Don't apologize. It's fine." I lied to her. Honestly I was doing whatever I could to get her to shut up and leave before I started crying in front of her.

When I finally got the strength to look her in the eyes I noticed how sad she looked. The bright beautiful blue eyes that I loved so much about her were dull and filled with tears. I couldn't stand how sad she looked, it made me feel even worse that she was so upset because of me.

"Taylor, everything is ok." I mustered up the biggest smile that I could in attempt to comfort her. I think she believed it though because a smile spread across her beautiful face and she hugged me tightly.
"Jessie..." she wrapped her arms round me and gave me a quick peck on the cheek.
"I would love to kiss you again, but-"
I cut her off from her sentence. Placing my palm against her cheek I pulled her towards me for a desperate kiss. She kisses me back gently, but not with the same passion I had for her.
"Jessie.. You're my best friends brother.. I-"
"Ok." I cut her off as I stepped away from her. "See you tomorrow." I finished avoiding eye contact with her.
"Jessie.." She attempted to plead with me.
"Bye." I gave her a cold reply as I stepped away from her.

As she scooted out the door I remembered what I meant by seeing her tomorrow.
"Shit" I said out loud to myself. For spring break were all going to the beach and staying in a hotel together. Jeremy, his girlfriend, Taylor, and me. Smacking my hand onto my forehead I sunk down to the floor and groaned in desperation.

GREAT