II

As soon as Niall closed the door after himself, I exhaled a breath I didn’t know I was holding, relaxing my shoulders and running a hand through my knotted hair, leaning my back against the wall. What the hell just happened? I chuckled to myself, having trouble processing it all, still high on endorphins.

This wasn’t my thing, not something I did, ever. But I’d be lying if I said it didn’t feel fucking great. The rush I had felt when his hands roamed my body was indescribable. I could still feel the ghost of his lips on mine and my knees were still weak. I just didn’t know if it was because of what we were actually doing or because of who I was doing it with.

I walked over to the sink and splashed handfuls of water on the heated skin of my face and neck, trying not to look as flustered as I felt. “Okay”, I said out loud, “let’s get back in there.”

Once I was out of the infamous restroom, I strolled right towards my table, looking extremely interested in my own shoes on my way over there. I could hear Niall and boys started playing again, and I didn’t want to look up and risk meeting eyes with any of them, especially not Niall’s. It seemed like the longest walk in my entire life.

“Well you look like you had fun…” Jake commented with a smirk as soon as I sat down between him and Maddie. I looked at him like he had two heads. “Oh don’t even try, Y/N, I know you too well. You got it on with a guy, I can tell.” He raised his eyebrow, challenging me to deny it.

I sighed heavily. “What gave me away?” I asked, preparing to take notes for what NOT to do next time this happens.

“Well, a: your facial expression is the one of pure and utter shame, and b: -”

“And b: you smell of his perfume.” Maddie interjected, not so discreetly sniffing the air around me. I leaned back, trying to get away from her button nose, actually worried for her mental health.

“And your hair looks like a bird’s nest.” Jake continued.

“It does not!” My hand shot up, patting my hair just in case he was right.

He circled his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side as he chuckled. “It doesn’t, I was messing with you. And Maddie couldn’t keep her mouth shut, so I knew everything even before you and your blonde Jimi Hendrix walked off to God knows where, to do God knows what” he winked at me, flashing me one of his most charming grins. I groaned.

“Ugh, I’m gonna kill you all, I swear” I said, swatting his arm away, trying to keep a straight face.

“No you won’t, you love us too much.” Maddie informed me happily, before she leaned in, wiggling her eyebrows at me suggestively. “Sooo. How was he?”

“Okay, I’m not listening to this” Jake interrupted, shifting in his seat uncomfortably.

“I’ll tell you if we get out of here right now” I told her.

She winced. “Oh, was he that bad?” I laughed loudly, shaking my head.

“No, no, just the opposite” I could see Jake out of the corner of my eye pulling a disgusted face, “it’s just that he’s right over there and just the mere thought of him being that close to me is making me nervous and I’ve never done anything like this before and I’m a little overwhelmed by how hot he is” the words seemed to spill out of my mouth, making Maddie laugh.

“Say no more” she squeezed my hand, “we’re going home.”

It wasn’t until we were at the door when I finally caved in and looked over my shoulder, hoping to catch his eye one last time that night. And there he was, on the stage where he looked like he belonged, with the biggest smile on his face as he played his solo, unaware of my eyes that followed every movement of his fingers. Tearing my eyes off of him and smiling to myself, I linked my arm with Maddie’s and walked out of the bar.