VI

It was the first weekend after Niall and I had made our ‘agreement’.

After I had suggested him for us to work with what we could, he smiled and told me that I’d have the time of my life and how he could be fun once all the typical attachment shit was out of the picture. I smiled back, nodding, not so sure about being able to let go of my feeling that easily, but I didn’t say a thing. I wanted as much as I could get from him, and if that meant only the physical aspect, then heck, I accept it.

“Hey” he then said, “I think I should better get going home. It would probably be the best for us to cool our heads now, so you go back there and I’ll head home. And don’t be too harsh on Maddie, I bet it was all Louis’ idea. I’ll kick his butt later” he winked and I laughed. He started walking away, but not before he turned over his shoulder, raising his hand, his fingers making a V and saying, “Peace out!”

Crazy, crazy boy.

I actually listened to him and when I got back to the café, I was nice to Maddie (Louis seemed to disappear into thin air), telling her I wasn’t mad but that I didn’t want to talk about it all, and she respected my decision.

So now we were at her place, getting ready to head to another gig boys were having at ‘Dylan’s shack’. Louis had called Maddie a couple of days ago, telling her about it and, with a smug tone in his voice, how Niall told him to tell Maddie to bring me along. Something silly started happening inside my stomach and I had to remind myself he hadn’t asked me out on a freaking date, he probably just wanted a good shag after a good gig, but no matter, I was still excited. It had been too long since the last time.

After Maddie finally told me she was ready to go (it took her bloody ages to get ready), we finally got into her car and drove to the familiar bar. We walked in, found a table, ordered our drinks, looked around a bit, hoping to spot any of the boys, and soon enough, Louis walked over to our table, pecking Maddie on the cheek and raising his fist for me to bump it with my own.

“So, you decided to come” he said, smirking at me, “I know somebody who will be pleased to hear that.”

“Zayn?” I asked, teasing. He pulled a grimace.

“Sorry babe, it is someone far less hot than him. This one’s blonde and skinny and not very pouty” he told me with a sad face and I laughed loudly, before I felt a hand on the back of my neck that made me freeze in an instant.

“Thank you Louis for such a wonderful portrayal of meself.” I looked up and saw Niall already looking at me, a small smile on his lips. “Anyway, I just came here to tell Louis we’re on in 5, so he better get his big ass on the stage, NOW” he said, glaring at Louis until he stood up, huffed out a breath and muttered a ‘I’ll see you later’ to Maddie before he walked off in the direction of the stage. Niall slid his hand from my neck onto my shoulder, squeezing it gently before he winked and walked away, following Louis.

Couple of minutes later, they got on the stage and introduced themselves and we cheered along with others from the audience, laughing as Louis cracked another joke on his own account before they started playing. The atmosphere was even better this time, the crowd was bigger and therefore, the energy filled the room way more than the last time.

Niall looked like a sex god, I swear. He was meant for the stage, it was evident in the way the stage lights shined upon him and the way he captured you attention and kept it there the whole time. You could also see how much he loved it, the cheers of the audience, the sing-alongs, occasional scream from some girls who seemed absolutely star struck by him, even though he was a normal boy. But when he was up there, it was easy for anybody to think of him as something extraordinary, god-like.