XV

“Come on, get out of there, we’re playing Truth or Dare.”

Niall peeked from behind the door, making sure his crotch was out of view. I had an urge to chuckle as I watched him shift uncomfortably, most likely giving Jake his best mean glare.

“Alright, mate, we’ll be there in a minute, okay, alright? Cool.” Niall rambled, frustrated and eager to shut the door in Jake’s face, but Jake stopped him.

“Hey, hey, hey” I heard him slur, and I knew immediately that he was more than a little bit drunk, “We’re not starting without you guys, so get your asses out of there, man, come on.” Niall glanced my way, a pleading look on his face as he pointed to an evident bulge in his pants. There was no way he could face people in that condition, I knew it.

I knew I had to step in. “Hey Jakey” I said as I pushed pass Niall to get Jake’s attention, “Why don’t we go play, and Niall will be there before you know it?” I stepped out of the bathroom, noticing the haze in Jake’s eyes and his struggle to focus on me.

“Uh, yeah, okay” he said, scratching the back of his neck as I turned him around towards the staircase, and he started tripping his way over there without questioning anything. That idiot was drunk as a rat, I concluded.

I turned to Niall, who was still hiding behind the door, only his head poking out of the doorframe. “Sorry for the… situation” I whispered, cringing in sympathy; Niall shrugged his shoulder - at least it looked like he did.

“Don’t worry about it. Normal thing when you’re moaning my name” he said, smirking as I looked away, a little flushed.

I cleared my throat and pointed to where his crotch was hidden behind the door. “Take care of it and then join us, okay?”

He nodded. “Okay” he said before closing the door; I turned my attention to Jake who managed to get halfway down the stairs, quickly getting in step with him to make sure he wouldn’t fall.

He looked at me before he asked, “What were you even doing there?” I looked away, my hand gripping his arm tightly to keep him from stumbling. Oh, Jake, you didn’t really want to know…

“Uhm… Hey, I really want to play this, let’s not waste time, am I right?”

It took just enough time for Niall to wank off as it took me to sober Jake up by approximately three percent; it wasn’t much, but at least he could sit up straight without me holding him. Him, Maddie, Louis, Zayn (I had no idea where Liam and Harry were), Lindsay, Zoe and Bryan, all Jake’s good friends, and I were sitting in the backyard, some on the grass and some on the yard chairs, one of them saved for Niall, just across from me. He walked out of the house, plopped on the unoccupied chair and looked at us all, “Hey, did I miss out a lot?”

“Nah, we haven’t even started” Maddie said, “Wanna have the honor of asking first?” she asked him, her head on Louis’ shoulder.

Niall shrugged his shoulder, “Okay, I guess. Maddie, truth or dare?” he asked with a sneaky smirk.

“Oh, Horan, watch out, you don’t want me as your enemy” she warned, laughing, “But let’s say – dare.”

Niall thought for a moment or two before breaking into shit eating grin. “Kiss Y/N.”

“Whaaat?” I exclaimed, my mouth falling open from the shock, “Niall, you dirty little pervert!” Maddie had raised her head from Louis’ shoulder and we exchanged incredulous looks, shaking heads at each other.

Niall didn’t seem fazed. “What? It’s better for her to kiss you than one of the guys; Louis would go bananas, right Lou?” He said, looking at Louis for support. Louis nodded.