IX

Instead of having a movie marathon, Maddie and I spent the afternoon planning, buying shitloads of alcohol and making calls, telling just about everyone we knew about the party, saving the best and most important for last – the boys.

“I can call Louis and he can tell the others” Maddie proposed, already dialing, but I hopped off my kitchen counter and swiftly snatched her phone, earning a look from her.

“Can I have that pleasure?” I asked sweetly, not waiting for her response and pressing the phone to my ear and hearing it ring. Maddie looked at me suspiciously once more before shrugging and walking towards the fridge. I concentrated on the ringing, and soon enough, Louis’ voice replaced the sound.

“Hey, babe” he exclaimed happily from the other end, and I had to chuckle.

“Sorry Lou, it’s just me, Y/N” I said, walking out of the kitchen so Maddie couldn’t hear me – I had a reason for that. I grinned wickedly. “Lou, guess who’s having a party tonight?”

The plan was to invite all the boys but Niall, and somehow, it worked. I told Louis I wanted to invite Niall personally, so he wouldn’t tell him; he bought it, which was strange, since it was Louis we were talking about and he’d always seen right through people. Guess my acting was impressive.

And now the four of them were in my living room, along with about a million other people, most of who I hardly even knew, while I truly hoped Niall was having a shit time wherever he was, his (highly possibly not even real) plans failing miserably. Wanker.

Had I mentioned I was drunk?

I wasn’t quite sure when I had decided to get drunk – it wasn’t my original plan; Maddie and I agreed to stay sober so we could prevent anything bad from happening, like people breaking something valuable or puking on the carpet or getting into a fight, but somewhere halfway through the party, I had a drink and that single drink lead to another six, and after that, I just lost count.

“Hey” Zayn said as he approached the spot where I was leaning against the wall, my cheek pressed to it; I had been dancing like a lunatic the last half an hour, and combined with alcohol, it made my face, neck and chest burning hot, and I was now attempting to cool myself a bit. “You alright?” he asked, not familiar with my usual drunk behavior.

“Yeah, ‘m alright” I slurred a bit, waving a hand at him. He leaned against the wall next to me, taking a sip of his beer.

“Have you seen Niall? I thought he’d be here” he said and I tensed.

I gritted my teeth (or at least attempted to, my jaw would always feel numb when I was drunk). “He said he had already made plans for the night” I said, smiling sourly. I didn’t want to talk about him; he was already too often on my mind.

Zayn shook his head. “Nah, no plans, he specifically told me. I almost blurted out about the party, but then I remembered you wanted to tell him yourself.”

“Well, I guess he’d made plans by the time I called him” I lied through my teeth. “Doesn’t matter anyway, we’re having fun without him. C’mon, let’s dance” I said, pushing myself off the wall and grabbing Zayn’s hand, dragging him towards the center of the room. He dug his heels into the floor, making an abrupt stop, saying something to me, but I couldn’t hear him over the music that was blasting.

“What?” I shouted, still holding his hand tightly.

He shook his head. “I don’t dance!” he shouted back, leaning towards me so I could hear him better, and I just ended up inhaling his cologne. That was not good. My hormones were infamous for going crazy when I was drunk, and the fact Zayn had a face of a fucking model didn’t help. At all.