XI

I was woken up by the feel of Niall’s lips tracing the curve of my shoulder and his warm breath hitting my skin. Lying on my stomach with my cheek pressed into the pillow, all I could manage to croak out was a satisfied groan; my eyes fluttered open only to be greeted by Niall’s bright gaze as he watched me carefully. As the sleep slowly drained out of my system, I became aware of our tangled limbs; we were merely inches apart, my leg curled around his and his arm draped over my bare back, his thumb gently swiping over my ribcage. We were like magnets, not able to be in each other’s presence without touching, and that thought made me smile.

“Good morning” he mumbled against my skin, making me sigh in pleasure before I finally registered his words. My eyes widened and I tensed.

“Shit, what time is it?” I asked, panicking already as I propped myself on my elbows and prepared to get up, my eyes roaming the room in search of my clothes. I felt Niall shaking beside me, so I glanced his way; he was laughing silently, entertained.

“It’s not funny, Niall, I have classes to attend!” I hissed, pissed off. He watched me, still laughing as I tugged the duvet from him, leaving him naked and exposed on the bed to wrap it around myself, making him whine.

“Hey, now I’m cold!” he exclaimed, not at all bothered by his nudity; I, however, felt a teeny tiny bit turned on by the sight of his body, but I shook the thoughts away – you were going to be late for classes, focus, girl!

“Good” I said, turning my back to him, ready to hop off the bed when he wrapped his arms around my waist, pressing me to his warm chest, not letting me wiggle out of his embrace and off the bed. He placed his chin on my shoulder, fondly squeezing my waist as he informed me, “It’s five in the afternoon, babe, you only slept for an hour or so” he chuckled. With that, I finally let myself relax into him, closing my eyes as I exhaled, relieved.

“You prick” I muttered as he pressed a kiss where my neck met my shoulder, feeling his lips stretch into a smile.

“Now, how about you come back to bed and warm me up?” he whispered seductively, his breath making chills run down my spine.

“Mmm, let me think – no.” I said sternly, fighting off a smile.

“And why not?”

“Because you didn’t deserve it.”

“What if I told you I knew exactly how to deserve it?” Jesus Christ, I was getting wet just by him talking that way.

I gulped discreetly, not wanting to give in, “I’d tell you I doubt it.”

He chuckled darkly. “I guess we’ll have to see it, then.”

With that, he went into full business mode, doing everything to get me going – he sucked on my neck, searching for that one spot that made me moan, while his hands ran from my waist to my shoulders, sliding down my arms, my skin responding by erupting into thousand goosebumps, and then lower, to my hips and my thighs, reaching just below the white cotton to tickle the skin on the inner sides. To say he knew what he was going would be the understatement of the century – he had me trying to control my breathing in a matter of seconds.

When he found that special spot on my neck, there was no way I could suppress a moan; it tumbled from my lips along with the words, “God, I love it when you do that” I blurted out, making Niall stop and chuckle.

“What? You mean this?” he ‘asked’, repeating the sweet, sweet motion of sucking gently on my skin, his tongue darting out to taste my skin every now and then.

By that time, I was a trembling mess, completely forgetting about my plan of being stubborn; “Yes, just like that” I sighed, pressing myself further against him, feeling him getting hard against the bottom of my back. I ground my ass into his crotch, making him hiss in pleasure before he decided he had enough of the teasing and pushed me on my back on the bed, hovering over me; our eyes locked and I was more than glad to see something besides the obvious lust in them – it was that softness in his eyes that I’d seen a couple of hours before, when we… I really had no idea how to call it – it wasn’t just sex, but it wasn’t making love either; the commitment was an essential in making love, and maybe that was the only thing that lacked here, because the way he looked at me was more that loving. He had the same look now.