16 - Hand cuffs

"You know, Eddy came to visit me yesterday after you and Owen left," Haley informed her best friend.

"He did?" The surprise was clearly written on Evy's face.

"Yeah."

"Hails, you can forgive him if you want. If you want to talk to him, go ahead. I won't stop you from doing that." Evy told her. She would never want to come between Eddy and her friendship.

"Not so soon, Evy. I want to forgive him, but what's the guarantee he won't ditch us again? But at the same time, this was the last year of our school, and I don't want to part ways with him holding grudges."

"I know. I was thinking along the same lines. At least he is trying, which counts for something, right?" Evy told her she was lost in her own thoughts.

"Exactly. You girls should talk to him." Owen spoke from behind.

He came towards them and kissed Hailey.

"When did this happen?" Evy smirked, which made both of them blush.

"Um, yesterday after Eddy left, Owen came again to check on me." Hailey blushed hard.

"Well, finally. Or else I would have to lock you two in the room."

All three went to their favorite class.

On each bench, there were handcuffs placed. "Um, ma'am, why do we have handcuffs placed in front of us?" Hailey asked, confusion clearly written on her face.

"I will tell you. But before that, I want you guys to lock the handcuffs around you and your partner's wrist."

They did as they were told.

"Um, may I?" Eddy asked when Evy was fumbling with cuffs.

She gave a curt nod.

"So, now you are all tied up for the rest of the day, you guys are going to be hanging around with each other. After the last lecture, I will unlock the cuff from your hand."

"What, why Mrs. Natalia? I mean, what's the need for that?" Evy whined.

"It is very much needed, Evy. You guys won't understand now, but after a while, you will." She groaned at Mrs. Natalie's response.

Finally!! They were dispersed. Not once did Eddy say anything to her. Hailey and Owen were enjoying their time together.

'Lucky them,' she thought.

"I am not sitting at your guy's table." She told Eddy with a glare.

"Whatever you say, princess." Eddy smiled.

"Don't call me princess."

"Ok, babe."

"I am not your babe."

"You are my shining star,"

"And this shining star will shine so brightly that you will burn yourself."

"I wouldn't mind."

"Urge," she groaned.

Eddy was enjoying himself too much. Who would have thought this activity would be so much fun?

"Let's go" Evy began to move forward but stopped when she noticed her ex-best friend was standing there like a rock.

She began to pull him with all her strength, but to her dismay, she failed.

"What's going to make you come with me to the canteen?" She asked him sarcastically.

"Umm—Let me think. How about you accept my sincere apology and consider me as your best friend again?" He suggested.

"Over my dead body. Might as well starve to death." She growled.

Evy folded her hands. But within a few seconds, she was on Eddy's chest. He pulled her so hard that she bumped into him.

They did have a moment, but Evy pushed herself away from him.

"Let's go," he mumbled.

They both went to the cafeteria and sat with Hailey and Owen. After a few minutes, even Carson and Kayla joined them.

"Do you mind if we joined?" Kayla asked.

"No, not at all," Hailey told her.

Evy was getting annoyed by Eddy's constant stare. She could feel that he was enjoying this activity more than he should have. Still, she made herself look calm and took part in the conversion going on the table until Victor decided to interrupt them.