2- Is karma a real thing?

Evy took a deep breath and entered the gate of the school. Yes! She was nervous. But unlike usual, it had nothing to do with fear. She can't think of a correct word to describe her feelings.

All in all, she can say that she was excited. Evy was curious to see the reactions of all those people who had made her life miserable in this school. And most importantly, she was anxious to see her best friend. The one who was a rock for her. She was always there when she needed a shoulder to cry on. The one to whom she could say anything and everything. The one who didn't care about her reputation.

The one and only Evy's true best friend, Hailey.

Evy has not been talking much with her in the past year. They did chat once in a while, but nothing major. Her best friend has no clue that she has enrolled her name in this school once again.

As she was entering the gate, Evy got curious glances from the students here. The boys were shamelessly checking her out, and the girls were glaring at her. Ha! First, they used to because she was a nerd and the laughingstock of Woodstock High, but now because the jocks were checking her out.

Losers!

Evy didn't even spare them a single look and confidently entered the school. As she entered, everyone passing in the corridor stopped. They all wanted to have a good look at the new girl. But only if they know who she really is. Evy went to the receptionist and asked for her schedule.

"Hello, I am Evelyn Brook." But she interrupted her.

"New student?" Mrs. Brown head of the admin department of their school asked.

"Kind of," she smiled politely. Evy instantly grew a liking towards her.

"Here's your schedule and the school map, along with your locker number. All your books are already kept in it. Enjoy your first day. Have fun." She said kindly with a smile.

"Thank you, and I am sure I will have some fun here," Evy smirked.

She was walking towards her locker when she crashed into something, or rather someone.

"I am sorr—" She stopped when she looked at who was the person in front of her.

"I am sorry." She said coldly and passed through him without giving him a second glance.

The morning was going smoothly until Eddy crashed into someone. In front of him was the new girl. But something was odd here. He didn't know, but he had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that he knew her from somewhere. He wished that he had a better view of her face.

She gave him the cold shoulder and left. Hot would be an understatement. She was beautiful. She wore skinny black jeans with a red top, and above that, a black leather jacket. She also wore boots that were screaming badass. She had an attitude which was telling him, 'you better not mess with me.'

For some unknown reason, Eddy found her interesting. But there was something he was missing for sure. When she apologized to him with no emotions, it felt as if she knew something he was unaware of.

Eddy met his friends in the boy's common room. Yes! They have separate rooms for boys where all the lockers are furnished. There is no entry for girls there.

Over there, every single male species was talking about the new chick, but not a single person knew her name.

Strange!

Evy went towards the girls' common room to get her books for her first lecture. She was about to step in when her breath hitched. In front of her was her best girlfriend, Hailey. She was standing in all her glory looking at Evy's old locker. She could see how much Hailey missed her and was missing her now.