11- Mission winning back bestie 1

Eddy knows that he messed up big time, but he also knows that he can win back his old friends.

Hailey and Evy had been with him through thick and thin. He not only has to clear the air between him and Evy but also with Hailey. She also deserved his apology. He was glad that Hailey had been with her when she needed her the most.

Hoping Hailey would forgive him, Eddy went to school in search of her. He needed to be careful and talk to her when Evy and Owen were not around.

It wasn't easy to catch her. Either Owen or Evy always surrounded her. He had seen her a few times with Owen, and it seemed that they both liked each other. Finally, after school, he saw her on the football ground, probably waiting for Owen. He was busy with the coach, so Eddy took the opportunity and went towards Hailey.

"Hey, Hails." He nervously greeted her.

"Oh, hey Edward," she replied, and an expression of shock and confusion was clearly written all over her face.

"So, how are you?" He asked her. "It's been a long time, huh?"

"Why now, Ed? It's been two years, so why now?"

He didn't know what to tell her. How to express his emotions to her?

After a few seconds, when Eddy didn't reply, she stood up and started to walk away from him.

"Wait, Hailey!"

She turned back.

"I am really sorry for what I did and the way I have been treating you all these years."

"Eddy, your sorry won't bring all those times back. It won't let us forget that you betrayed our friendship for popularity. It won't change anything."

"Come on, Hails!! You girls used to be so forgiving. You have always stood up with me—" But Hailey interrupted him.

"And what you did, threw us like garbage when you found someone better. You took us for granted, Ed. And where the hell was you when we needed our best friend? Did you stand beside us when you needed to be? Nope!! You choose your bloody jackass worthless friends against us."

He was going to reply, but she beat him to it.

"No, Eddy. I don't want to hear your lame excuses. Just tell me one thing, why the hell do you remember us now? When Evy left the school, did you even come to me to talk? Now, why the hell do you want to clear the air when you could have done that two years back? You could have stopped Evy from leaving school, but you didn't."

He was speechless.

"Cat caught your tongue. You know what, don't even bother to answer. It's because of Owen."

"O— Owen?" He stuttered.

"Yup, Owen. Because of things that we three used to do, now Owen is doing them with us. Don't deny Eddy, but I have noticed how you look at Owen. You are jealous, and you think that Owen has replaced you. And not to forget the fact that Carson has changed and stood up to be a better person. Suddenly, you also want to be a new leaf. Eddy, I am sorry, and, as Evy said, you will have to earn our trust back. You have messed up big time, but for the sake of God, please don't repeat your mistakes because our perspective on you is only going to get worst."

With that, Hailey left. If he gave a second thought about things, then each and every word that Hailey spoke was true. He was undoubtedly jealous of Owen, and maybe Carson's changed behavior played a small role.