Prologue

You said you wanted me to write down my testimony. All of it, from beginning to end. You think I'm lying, that I'm just some crazy fangirl, but I'm not. Well, maybe I am, but I'm also telling the truth. What happened to me is so crazy, you can't just make that up, not even in your wildest dreams.

I will tell you everything, the whole story. From the day that I woke up by a fire, to the day that... well, you know. I will not try to defend, nor accuse anyone that is part of my story of anything. Okay, except Luciana maybe, she's a bitch, but that's not what this is about. I will write everything the way it happened, maybe add some personal comments here and there, but always sticking to the facts. I really do want to help you with your investigation, I hope you can solve everything. I may not be with you, but I'm also not against you. And please, please don't hurt him too much. He couldn't help it, he had no choice. I know that, I know him, at least I think I do. I had my doubts at some point, but now I'm convinced this is not what he wanted. I hope I'm right, otherwise I don't know how to handle this.

Well, let's get started. Buckle up, cause you're about to experience the whole case through my eyes. I will try my best to write as coherently as possible, though I may not always succeed, but I guarantee you that if anything, it will be honest. We are not what you think we are...

-------------------------------------------------------------

I added this prologue to the story later than the rest of the chapters, which means that now, if you were to read the comments below this story, they will not match up with the chapter you're reading anymore. Basically the comments on chapter 1 belong to chapter 2, those of chapter 2 belong to chapter 3, etc.

I hope it's not all too confusing!

Have fun reading ♡

xx- Jaela