Chapter 7

A week later we had settled in a hotel where we could stay until we were able to return to England. We were lucky that the owner of the hotel had a cousin whose friend lived across from us and who had enjoyed eating in our restaurant so much that now he had convinced the owner to let us stay for as long as we wanted and for half of the usual price. I did not have much to do in the hotel, so I spent most of my time after school in the internet café across the street, chatting with my online friends. I had decided not to tell my parents about my encounter with the Mafioso, because it would only make them worry more, and it was not like I got the chance to talk to them anyway, now that they were so occupied with all sorts of financial and administrative rigmarole. It turned out that preparing everything to go back to England was harder than they had expected, so we had to stay for another three months. This was a bit annoying, because it meant that I would miss school for most of September, but at this point I did not really care anymore. I was too busy drowning myself in feelings of guilt and regret.

On this particular Monday I had just returned from a draining day at school. I had fucked up my maths test, because I could not focus on studying after everything that had happened. Mister Righello (that asshole) had no mercy when I asked him if I could do the test at another moment due to my situation, and so I had gotten a 4/10. On top of that he had read the marks out loud in class, and me having the lowest mark was apparently a reason for Lucia and her slaves to make fun of me. 'Seems like that fire burned away your brain cells too huh!'. I felt appalled that they even had the audacity to make fun of something as tragic as this, and was ready to type a long rant on my Twitter account, when the blue 20 next to the notification button caught my attention. 20 notifications?? I never got that many at once. Curiously, I clicked the button and started reading, to see what was going on:

"@LadyyJane: OHMYGOD JANE YOU CAN SEE MIKA"

"@Jaeandthemoose @LadyyJane: Jane have you seen this?? "

"@mika_freaka @LadyyJane Mika is coming to Naples for a free show!"

"@veronica_queens1 @LadyyJane let's go here together!"

"@originofbutts @mikasounds @LadyJane omg Jane"

And so the notifications went on. I could not believe it! A free concert in Naples, in two months! It would take place on the 8th of August, ten days before his birthday, at Teatro Palapartenope. Suddenly all the bad thoughts disappeared from my mind and all I wanted to do was jump and dance around. I could see Mika!! And it was just in time before we would leave for England, and during the summer holidays, so I was pretty sure my parents would let me go. I quickly replied 'FDLSFJKSLDJ' to everyone who had sent me a tweet, fan girl language for 'OHMYGOD I AM SO EXCITED' and then I shut down the computer and ran across the street, back to the hotel, to tell my parents the good news.

They were super happy for me and I immediately ordered tickets on my phone. Good thing I did not come home later, because the tickets were already almost sold out! I chatted to one of my internet friends: Veronica, who lived in Salerno,for a bit and we agreed that we would meet up in the centre of Naples before the concert and would then walk to the square where it would take place together. I was really happy, because it would be the first time that I would meet an internet friend. I also started thinking about what I would do if I would meet Mika. Veronica already said she would not be able to stay until late after the concert, because she would have to take the train, and the last train back to Salerno would leave at half past ten. This meant that I would have to wait for him on my own, but I did not really mind, because I was sure I would meet plenty of nice people in the crowd. Making friends at concerts always seemed to be much easier than making friends at school! I did hope that Chiara wouldn't stalk me, but hopefully she would go with her own group of friends, so I would not get bothered by her.

I spent the rest of the afternoon making plans and thinking about what outfit I would wear, what gift I could make Mika, et cetera. I imagined all scenarios of meeting him in my head, from him remembering me from my letter in the book project,  to getting to talk to him alone and explain how much he meant to me, and to not being able to meet him at all because he got attacked by groupies and had to be rushed to his car (I had to remain realistic, after all). What would really happen that night, though, was something I could have never, ever imagined. Something so ridiculous that most fans, and you here reading this too, still refuse to believe. But as I said before, it is so crazy, you just cannot make that up! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahaaa! Now I promise, from the next chapter onwards, things are finally gonna get real! And then you will also find out what happened to Jane...

Fun fact: I chose Naples as the setting for this story, because of the whole mafia thing, it just fit really well, but it turns out that Mika did actually give a free concert in this city once! It happened in 2014 at the Piazza del Pebliscito. So yeah, there really are some true elements in this story xp

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Pls leave a comment or a vote, because I genuinly thought nobody was reading my story, but apperently a lot of people are just ghost readers who don't leave a trace hahaha. But as an "author" it is nice to get some feedback, so pls do so if you can, I'd be v/ grateful xx

(photo attached is a screen of Jane's Twitter btw. Yes, I did make her an account lol, that's how sad I am. Idk if I'm gonna do anything with it, but you can follow her to maybe get exclusive updates or something ;)) )