16

I find myself going to Grant's house a lot more. Just spending time with him and his family is nice and refreshing. I really got to know them better this week.

Now, I'm hanging out with Grant and Lilly in his room. I braid Lilly's hair as she animatedly talks about her day at school. Grant comments at everything, laughing at all the right spots.

"My teacher is so cool. When you get the right answer to a question, she gives you a sticker!"

"I love stickers, Lillian. Wanna give me some?" asks Grant.

She sticks her tongue out, "You have to earn them."

Grant widens his eyes, "Okay, okay. Fine."

I love watching the two of them interact with each other. He is a good big brother to Lilly. If I never became friends with Grant, then I wouldn't be sitting in his room with his sister.

I wouldn't even know he's a good brother.

"Venice?" Lilly tugs on my cardigan, catching my attention, "Will you marry my brother?"

I should feel uncomfortable by these questions, but I laugh with mirth, "First, you're asking whether we're boyfriend and girlfriend. Now, you're asking me if I'll marry that weirdo?"

"Hey! I'm not weird--"

"Anyways, there's always a possibility, right?" I accidentally catch Grant's eye, and he looks at me with curiosity.

"Right," Lilly answers, but I'm too busy looking back at Grant.

__________________

Oooh. Things are picking up.

This has to be my favorite chapter so far. What about you guys?

vote•comment

--thyselves