27

"How much longer?"

"Ten minutes," Grant laughs, "Ten more minutes, and then I'll be able to see your pretty face again."

"Don't you dare hang up."

"I wouldn't dare, sweetheart. If I did, you'd probably kill me."

"Damn straight."

I sit with Mary and Lilly on the front porch of his house. They're both holding up their own conversation, letting me talk to Grant in privacy.

A few minutes later, I see Grant's car driving down the street. I smile as he pulls into the driveway.

I say into my phone, "You still didn't hang up."

"You would've killed me."

Lilly sprints down to her brother, wrapping her arms around his waist. Grant chuckles, lifting his little sister up and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey, Lillian," he says, making me remember how wonderful he sounds in person, "How are you?"

"I missed you so, so much! I have a lot to tell you!"

"I bet," he grins before facing his mom and putting Lilly down, "Hi, Mom."

He places his arm around her shoulder, pressing a kiss to her temple. She pushes him away, rolling her eyes, "Hey, kiddo."

Grant goes back in for a hug, asking, "Where's dad?"

"He's at work, but he promised to hang out with you later tonight."

I can't help but admire their family. It's made of so much love and trust, and I always enjoy watching their interactions. It's nice to step back and observe.

After he spares a few more words, Grant's eyes land on me, and I swear it lights up with even more happiness. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever, even if it was only for five days.

I walk up to him, and he wraps his arms around me, resting his chin on my head, "I missed you."

"Even if we talked everyday?"

"Even then," he whispers, squeezing my waist.

__________________________

They need to kiss.

I can't handle this sexual tension.

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves