41

I wake up snuggled next to Grant with arm is protectively around me. He looks peaceful and innocent. His brown hair falls flat against his forehead, and his lips are slightly parted.

I close my eyes and shift closer to him.

"Mm?" Grant stirs, "Venice?"

Opening my eyes, I watch him slowly blink the sleep away from his eyes. I smile fondly at him before hearing him suck in a huge breath.

"Good morning," I softly say, "How did you sleep?"

"Uh, I s-slept well," Grant stumbles through, "and you?"

I slightly frown at how uncomfortable he seems, "Good."

"Let's g-get up then," he scrambles out of the bed, almost falling.

I follow after him, "Grant, what's wrong?"

"Wrong? N-Nothing's wrong."

I pause in my steps, "Grant."

We stare at each other, blue eyes on gray. A thousand thoughts run through my head in mere seconds. Why is he acting so weird?

"Venice, I-I love you," he eventually blurts out, causing my eyes to widen.

"You--"

"I don't care if you don't feel the same way, or that we're too young, or that we've been dating for months instead of years. I just need you to know that I love you so fucking much--"

I cut him off by throwing my arms around his shoulders and kissing him. His hands are on my waist, sliding under my shirt and scorching my skin. Everything feels right.

I pull away, my eyes still shut before blinking them open. The amount of love I see in his eyes sends my emotions ricocheting through my body. So, I tell him how I feel, "I love you so much."

At those words, Grant's face breaks into a grin. He leans in, eyes fluttering shut and eyebrow furrowing. It's more languid than before, sending a wave of shivers down my back.

Grant's mouth travels down my neck, whispering his feelings everytime he presses his lips down against my skin.

____________________

THEY BOTH SAID IT!

YESSSSSSZZZZZMSKSJSKSKS.

VRANT IS LIFEEEEE.

AND WE'RE #22 IN SHORT STORY.

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves

p.s. We're close to the end. Nine more chapters to go. *sigh*