Ch 4

"I'm going to tell you one last time. It just...stood up," Sam used his hands to show the man the car standing up. I had just walked in, the police officer bandaged me up but did a crappy job on it. Sitting next to Sam, the police officer interrogating him sighed and turned, grabbing something, and turned back around.

"Alright son, fill 'er up. And no drippy-drippy," he held out a cup and a tissue. Sam stared at the cup in disbelief. I stared at the cup in horror.

"No, I'm not on any drugs," Sam said exasperated. Someone threw Mojo's pills to the police officer.

"What are these then? Mojo. Is that what the kids are calling it these days? A little bit of Mojo?"

Groaning, I nudged Sam out of the way. He retreated back to his seat slowly, keeping an eye on the cop, "that's our dogs pain pills. He just got surgery."

"You know? A little chihuahua?" Dad, speaking up for the first time, motioned with his hands how big Mojo was. The cop sighed, nudging back his coat. Sam stared at something for more than a few seconds before the cop noticed. Smiling grotesquely, the cop leaned towards Sam.

"What? You eye-balling my piece? You wanna have a go 50 cent? We'll throw you down right here!" Sam backed away from the cop, looking at him through the corner of his eye.

"Are you on drugs?"

******

When we got home, I got a glimpse of yellow. I don't care that it was a weird robot thing, and I don't care how it got into our driveway, but it screamed 'safe'. I walked to the car and tugged on the drivers side door once before it swung open. Crawling into the back seat, I curled up into a ball. The seats seemed to sink in the back, creating almost a little divot just the size of my body. I huddled closer to the back seat, stroking the interior as the morning sun rose.

"You don't mind if I sleep here, do you?"

With only 4 hours of sleep, it came quicker than I thought it would. Sleep was quickly closing in on my and I vaguely heard a voice before the darkness over took me.

"I don't mind."

******

It was 11 o'clock when I had woken up. Stretching, my joints screamed angrily at me and my arm was yelling at me. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, the car was in a different area than before. The driver's window was cracked partially and I climbed up front, hearing my brother screaming "Satan's Camaro!" Suddenly the locks on all doors locked and the car started, and I was in the passenger seat.

I snapped back at mentally kicking myself in the butt to realize that me and the car were following Sam, who was on mom's bike....on the freaking sidewalk! I found my voice, "not to sound annoying but we're not supposed to be driving on the sidewalks."

I had to grip on the seat with my left hand to prevent me from flying into the window as the Camaro made a sharp turn onto the street.

"Thank you," was all I could say. We zoomed past my brother, who had flipped onto the sidewalk. Mikaela was at Burger King, talking to hi while her friends laughed at him. Bitches. Sam got back up on the bike and that's all I saw before the car sped around a corner. I cringed to the seat with my life, the Camaro doing 50 miles over the speed limit, "what about Sam?"

The car skidded and backed into a dark alley way. I door swung open and I got out. The door slammed shut and the car sped away. I jogged towards the entrance of the alley way. Looking left then right, I decided to go right to an old parking garage looking thing. Slowing to a walk, I saw Sam.

"Sam! Sam, over here!" Sam looked over to me, a look of almost relief played across his face, and he sprinted over to me.

"Scarlett! Where the hell have you been?" He wrapped me in a tight hug before grabbing me hand, tugging in it.