Ch 11

"Mum! Stop it, you're going to make me cry!" I sniffed as Mum held up Sam's baby shoes. Mum and I stared at Sam's baby shoes in silence for a second.
Sam came back inside to grab another box of his stuff, but stopped when he saw Mum and me standing I the family room with tear filled eyes.
"Look what found," mum sniffed as she held up Sam's booties. I cracked.
"You baby booties!" I sobbed as my own tears started flowing with mum's. Sam sighed and mum grabbed him in a tight hug.
"Aww, mum," Sam sighed as she held him tightly.
"You can't go. You're not allowed to go," mum sniffed. Sam peeked up through mum's arms to see me dabbing at my eyes. He smiled.
"Scarlett, are you crying too?" Sam smiled.
"I'm crying tears of joy for your information," I sniffed. "I didn't think they would actually accept you."
There was a beat of silence where Sam started at me knowingly.
"Who am I kidding. I'm going to miss you!" I cried as I grabbed Sam from mum's arms and hugged him tightly. Dad came inside to see our little love fest going around.
"You see, Dad, this is how you're supposed to react when a fruit of your loins is going out into the cruel world instead of cleaning his bedroom out," Sam said as I let him out of my hug. I grabbed a tissue and blew my nose.
"Yeah my heart bleeds for you pal. College. Bummer," Dad said sarcastically grabbing another box of Sam's stuff.
"This is serious!" I scolded Dad. "Sam is finally growing up!"
"You have to come home every holiday. Not just the big ones. You have to come home for Halloween," mum cried as she wiped at her eyes.
Sam looked like he was trying to pry away from us, but I could tell he loved how much we didn't want to let him go. "I can't come home for Halloween."
"We'll come to you!" Mum insisted.
"No, we're not going anywhere," Dad called while still getting Sam's boxes together.
"We'll dress up in costumes," mum continued ignoring Dad.
"You can't do that, mum," Sam tried to explain.
"Let him breath for crying out loud," Dad said exasperated at us. Dad looked at mum, "come on, go pack. There's no way you're packed for a month long trip and, Scarlett, you still haven't decided if you're going to stay at the house while your mum and I are gone."
"This is already emotional, don't push me!" I said hugging Sam around the waist. My started walking slowly towards the stairs.
"March young lady!" Dad said as he slapped mum on the butt. I think I just baby barfed.
"Ugh," Sam said disgusted.
"My eyes, they burn!" I said dramatically covering my eyes.
"I love it when you call me young lady, you dirty old man," mum smiled at Dad. Ewwww!
"You haven't seen nothing yet," Dad said as mum walked up the stairs.
"My ears, they burn!" I said switching to my ears. I kept switching between my ears and my eyes, "which do I cover?"
"Dad, did you have to do that in front of us?" Sam demanded. "It's not a rap video. You just scarred poor Scarlett!"
"It's like a coach thing. I'm sure Scarlett will be fine," Dad shrugged.
"That was a creepy move," Sam told Dad. Before I could comment Dad got a serious face and looked at Sam.
"Look your mother and I are both really proud of you. You're the first Witwicky ever to go to college. Granted Scarlett you could go if you wanted to, too," Dad started to get emotional but mum interrupted from upstairs.
"Now I'm crying again. This sucks!" Mum said from upstairs, clearly crying.
"You're gonna be ok, Ma," Sam said. We looked at Dad to see if he was going to continue.
"It's just going to be hard for her, you know. Accept that her boy is all grown up and going to handle the world on his own," Dad started to get teary and looked at me, "and her daughter is dating a giant, alien robot hat won't be able to give her the grandchildren she wants."
"Dad, do we have to get into his now!" I complained stomping my foot. "Ratchet is my boyfriend end of story!"
Dad looked away from us trying to clear his coming tears and suddenly frowned. "Mojo stop dominating Frankie! Get the hell off the couch."
Dad walked away as I pushed Mojo off of Frankie and picked up Frankie into my arms.
"Oh my baby Frankie," I cooed. "Is Mojo bothering you again with his little man attitude?"
"Little man attitude? What the hell is little man attitude?" Sam defended his dog.
"Mojo feels the need to act big and tough to make up for being such a little guy," I stuck my tongue out at Sam. "Thus little man attitude."
"Don't go physiatrist on me. You have too many issues of your own to be judging other people err dogs," Sam said.
"I don't have issues! I have an unique personality that is not afraid to show itself," I said annoyed.
"Are you tow going to keep arguing or are you going to help with Sam's stuff?" Dad yelled at us.
I huffed and put Frankie down which he was immediately chased by Mojo. "You see?"
"Just go grab another box from my room," Sam sighed and picked up the last box in the dining room. I made a face at the back of his head. Sam headed outside as I grabbed the tape and headed up stairs. I heard mum crying as I walked by her room.
"Oof!" I cried out as an arm shot out of the room and roughly pulled me in.
"Oh, Scarlett, look at you two!" Mum sobbed as she looked at a baby picture of Sam and I together in a scrapbook.
"Mum, have you even started packing your stuff for Paris?" I asked looking at her empty suitcase on the bed.
"Look at the picture!" Mum snapped. I quickly turned to admire the picture she was pointing at. She started crying again. "Sam and you are both getting so grown up now!"
"It's ok, mum," I rubbed her back. "We're both still your little kids."
Mum went on as if I hadn't said anything, "Sam is going off to college and dating Sam who hopefully one day give me grand babies. While you're dating an alien robot who refuses to give me any hope of-"
"Mum," I snapped, "it's might not be even physically possible for me to have kids with Ratchet! It was embarrassing enough when you threatened to turn him into scrap metal and sell him to a junk yard if he ever got me pregnate! Make up your mind woman!"
I realized a second too late that I just snapped at a woman who is as crazy as me and is very emotional at the moment...shit. Sam saved the day by interrupting before mum could retort in her emotional state.
"Scarlett!" I heard Sam yell from his room.
"What?" I yelled back silently begging for him to need me for something.
"Can you come here for a sec?" He asked. Thank you, god. I got up and left mum to see what he needed.
"What is it?" I asked as I came into his room. I saw him staring at something on the ground while he's on the phone probably with Mikaela. I came around him as I saw something small and silver laying on the ground. I picked it up to look at it.
"I think there was a sliver of the cube on my coat," Sam said to me and Mikaela. Sam and I both looked at it and I felt a weird energy go into me. Suddenly it shocked me and I dropped it.
"OW!" I yelped.
Sam and I watched in shock as it burned through the ground. Well, I don't think I've ever seen it do something like that before.
Suddenly, the spot where the cube sliver had fallen sparked and started to catch on fire.
"Ah, fire!" Sam said as he ran out of the room. I grabbed one of Sam's shirts and treys hitting the tiny fire with it to smother it out.
"Shit!" I cried out as the shirt caught on fire. I dropped it and started hitting it with one of Sam's shoes which caught the shoe lace on fire. "This is not my day!"
Sam ran back into the room with a fire extinguisher and a water bottle. He tossed me the water bottle as he sprayed the shirt and the shoe with the fire extinguisher. I poured the water on the tiny fire.
"Ha, take that!" I smiled triumphantly as Sam and I high fived each other at out brains over nature. Ok, not really, for a minute there I thought I was going to catch Sam's whole room on fire, but you know what? It all worked out in the end and that's all that matters.
"Let's go see how mum's coming along," Sam nodded towards the door.
"Alright but if either one of them mention grand kids again I'm going to strangle someone," I warned Sam. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't want kids someday. I mean I always imagined myself having three or four kids when I grew up. Of course, I don't want kids right now. Sam and I are only 18, after all, but I did want kids someday. That just looked like it wasn't going to happen right now.
Sam opened the door and I shrieked in surprise as suddenly a bunch of mini evil baby robots came shooting at us.
"More evil babies!" I yelled in surprise. "How many of you are there?"
One of them knocked Sam over and I kicked it off of him. One of them tackled my shoe and I easily kicked him off. Sam jumped out the window onto the wood structure with flowers that was over our back porch. Sam helped pull me out after him to get away from the evil babies.
I flinched in surprise at all the bullets that they were shooting at us.
"What is all the racket?" Dad demanded as he came around the house into the backyard. Sam started to fall off and grabbed my arm making me fall with him.
"Ahh!" I screamed as Sam and I landed on the ground. A few of them came out the window and started shooting at all three of us.
"Whoa!" Dad yelled as he dove behind our fountain. Sam and I hurriedly crawled behind the fountain with him. "What was that?"
"The whole kitchen!" Sam replied. Part of the fountain fell off from getting hit by a missile.
Out of instinct I yelled out, "Bee, help!"
Immediately, Bee drove through the back of the garage and transformed into his Autobot form. He started shooting at all of the evil babies that had come outside throng to attack us. Bee shot at one that must of still been in the house cause suddenly wood from the house was shattered all over the ground.
"Shit, that was my room!" I cried as Sam, Dad and I flinched together trying to get away from all the explosives. Bee shot at the last one and I sighed in relief. Sam, Dad and I started to get up from behind the fountain when mum started running out of the house.
"Ahh!" She screamed as she ran out of the house with...pans on her head? Suddenly she ran into one of ten hanging flower pots and fell to the ground.
"911!" Dad said as he ran to check on mum.
"Bumblebee, get in the garage," Sam said mad. Bee spread his arms out in the 'what the heck' motion. "I'm about to have a nervous breakdown! Just get in the garage."
"What the hell, Sam," I snapped, "Bee just saved our asses again and all you can do is yell at him?"
"Holy mother!" I heard mum yell as she freaked out on the back porch with Dad trying to calm her down.
Bumblebee went back to hide in the garage. Sam grabbed my arm and pulled me behind. I followed him into the house as we passed by different firefighters. Sam looked around in the kitchen before silently motioned me over to him and pointed at he cube sliver. I grabbed a pair of tongs and picked it up. Sam held up a little tube and I dropped it into the tube.
"My house is on fire!" I heard mum yell from outside. Sam hide it in his pocket.
"We should give it to Mikaela," Sam said as we walked outside of the house.
"No, we should give it to the Autobots," I frowned.
"Look it'll be safe with Mikaela and besides it's not like the Decepticons are around looking for it," Sam argued.
"Well if you think it'll be safe with Mikaela than you obviously think it's need to be safe therefore we should give it to Optimus!" I argued. Mikaela had walked up to us while we were arguing.
"Hey guys, what happened?" She asked concerned. Before I could stop him, Sam handed the tube to Mikaela and put it in her purse.
"Look I need you to take the cube sliver," Sam whispered to her.
"Sam-" I started.
"Sam and Scarlett Witwicky," mum interrupted me as she walked up to the three of us mad. "I need a word with you."
"Yeah, mum," I said tiredly.
"Hi, Mikaela, look I have a bald spot," mum said showing Mikaela her...bold spot apparently. "When you go he goes. I cannot live with a psychotic alien in my garage!"
Dad came up before mum could get out of control.
"Judy, shh national security. Look if we stay quiet, they're going to take care of everything! Just consider this the official start of remodel, ok?" Dad soothed mum to get her to shut up.
"Fine. If the governments paying than I want a pool and a hot tub," mum said as she started to march towards the house, "and I'm gonna skinny dip and you can't say shit about it!"
Mikaela, Sam and I started walking back to the garage where Bee was. as lifted a black tarp out of the way that Bee must have used to hide the mum broken wall.
Bee was gently hitting his head when we came in.
"Yeah, you messed up big this time," Sam said.
"Sam," I snapped and hit the back of his head, "so he...blew up my room. It can be fixed."
Sam gave me a look while Bee looked guilty.
"Still have voice problems?" Mikaela asked Bee as he nodded.
"He's playing it up," Sam muttered.
"Bee, I wanted to talk to you about the college thing," Sam started.
"I'm so excited! I just can't hide it!" Bee said as he started to snap his fingers.
"I'm not taking you with me," Sam said and Bee got sad and dropped. Sam looked at Mikaela and I, "give us a minute?"
"We'll wait outside," Mikaela said as she dragged me out of the garage. Mikaela started pulling off her jacket and pants to show an outfit beneath but I was paying more attention trying to hear what Sam was saying.
"Look I meant to tell you this earlier, but here's the thing. Freshmen aren't allowed to have cars and I know. If it was up to me, I would take you with me, but it's not," Sam started.
"You're an Autobot, you shouldn't be living in a garage! You're suffocating in this. You deserve better. This is hard enough, could you look at me please?" Sam said. "Look big guy the guardian thing is done. I'm safe now and you can go be with Optimus Prime and the others. I just wanted to be normal, Bumblebee, that's why I'm going to college."
I heard Bee start to cry and my heart jerked down to my stomach. I was barely able to restrain myself from running into there and comforting Bee.
"Don't do that, come on. You'll always be my first car. I love you," Sam said as he came outside. Sam saw how tense I was and nodded towards the garage. I rushed inside to let Sam and Mikaela have their moment while I talked to Bee.
As soon as he saw me, Bee scooped me up and held me against his spark.
"Hey Bee, I was going to watch the house while mum and Dad were at Paris, but right now it looks like I need a place to stay. You think Optimus could help me out by letting me stay at the NEST base for a while?" I smiled as Bee smiled and he nuzzled into me while whirring and clicking. He suddenly got a mischievous glint in his eyes. I raised an eyebrow silently questioning him.
He set me down on the ground and I watched confused as he transformed back into his car form.
"Turn around," he said excitedly. A small frown came onto my face as I turned around confused. A few seconds passed before suddenly two warm hands were covering my eyes. I froze as I felt a warm breath on my face and ear.
"Guess who," he whispered softly. I turned around wide eyed to look at Bee.
He. Was. Human.
My mouth opened and closed like a gaping fish, shocked.
"What? How is it possible?" I asked confused as I studied him. He had the same baby blue eyes and messy blonde hair. He had on a yellow t-shirt and black jeans.
"Ratchet perfected our holoforms so you can actually touch us rather than us just be an image. He said the reason was so that we can interact with the humans but we all know the reason why he wanted too," Bee smiled and I blushed. Ratchet was so sweet.
"So, do you like it?" Bee asked.
"Yeah, I like it but I can't wait to see Ratchet's," I smiled.
"Who the hell are you? I heard Sam say from the door. Bee and I tried not to laugh.

*********
I'm very sorry that I haven't updated in like forever. I've been busy with school stuff and I had completely forgotten about the story. I will try and update the story quicker but don't hold me to it. Until next time...