Chapter 32

-MAYA POV-

I did Maya part because it will kinda all connect in away. But don't worry, Chase will be involved somehow lol don't even know where the hell this story is going but touché.

My phone buzzed softly in my pocket as I took it out to look at the phone call. It was the director, nervously I answered the call,

"Uh hello?"

"Maya, my dear. C-come to the hospital." He sounded as if he was out of breath. "It's Rosy."

I sat up from my position on the couch and tighten my grip on my phone.

"W-what? What happened?" I grabbed the keys off the counter and headed towards Anne's car. Anne was with her family for the weekend and took the train this morning.

I kept the phone close to my ear as I started the car.

"C-chase found her this morning." He speed out, I could barely understand him.

Oh god no, Chase.

"Which hospital?" I say softly.

"Cordon Medical Center ER."

"Okay, I'll go."

I heard a soft tap and the call had ended. I sighed, the hospital was literally on the other side of town. I pulled over and dialed Anne's number.

It rang four times before the answering machine picked up.

I slammed my hand on the steering wheel causing it to beep. "Why of all days today?"

"I still don't see why I have to go."

My conversation with myself lasted for about five minutes. Before I started on the highway, about 30 minutes later I reached the hospital.

There were guards surrounding the hospital entrance and reporters were all around trying to push through security. It would be he hard getting through them,

Luckily, Anne's car was already prepared for these kinds of emergency. In her car was a wide brimmed hat, and dark Chanel Sunglasses. I put the hat on first and then the sunglasses and then open the driver's door.

It felt weird going out in public without Anne. I started to feel exposed, but in a strange way normal again. I went through the hospital emergency passage way, memories started pouring back in. I headed towards the front desk.

"May I ask what room, Rosy Wells is in?" I said in a fairly high pitched voice.

The women looked at me as if I was crazy. "Are you like a guardian, or friend of this patient?"

I bit my lip hard, "Well, uh not exact-

"Then like no." She went back to typing on her keyboard. She flipped her brown hair over her shoulder and glanced at me.

"I like will call security, if I like have too." Her voice was very annoying, and preppy and in every sentence she said it he the word, 'like'.

"Listen, I just need to see if she's okay." I mumbled. "I swear I'm not a reporter."

I saw her hand in a swift motion hit the button.

I took off my sunglasses, and peered around slightly. Her eyes instantly widen, and she removed her hand.

"Oh, uh aren't you like Ma-

"Yes, I am. Now can I have the room number?" I put back on my sunglasses.

"She's on the VIP floor."

She gulped slightly, and search the computer. She wrote in on a small paper the room number.