Chap 33

Chase Pov

Rosy snored softly as I covered her with the blanket. I stroke her flushed cheeks before turning off the lamp on the counter beside the stretcher. The soft beeps of the hospital monitor annoyed me, leaving me with pain and memories.

I texted Steve letting him know we could meet up outside the hospital. It was a little after eight, and I've been in this hospital for hours. I turned off the television and adjusted Rosy head on the pillow. I gave her on soft glance before leaving the room.

I had to get out, I couldn't bear to stay in here any longer. I was tired, and worn out. But after all, I had caused this. If I had never left last night, Rosy would have been fine. I went into the dark parking lot. The reporters were gone now, but I wasn't taken any chances so I went through the back door. Steve sat on the bench near the hospital park,

"Do you have it?" I questioned him, looking at his hands for the report.

He nods, and takes out a folder. "Chase, I think its best if you d-

"Steve, don't worry." I mumbled. "I just can't sleep another night without not knowing about the accident."

I snatched the yellow folder from his hand. "Thanks, Man."

He said something but I didn't quite catch on.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly, patting me on the back.

"No not really." I admitted, "I feel like shit."

"Why don't you go home for the night?" He suggests. "I can call Rosy manager."

"I wish, but she needs me." I say looking back towards the hospital. "It's all my fau-

"No, it not and you know it." He cuts me off. "I just don't know about...Rosy."

I stayed quiet, for a while.

~

"Chase?"

I turned around.

Rosy stood in her gray hospital dress with a grim expression. My eyes widen,

"Rosy, what the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled, trying to keep my voice as quiet as possible.

"No, Chase what the hell is-

She look at my hand, "What's that?"

She comes closer and peers at the folder. "Chase, I asked what that is."

"It's nothing." I hid it behind my back moving to the side. I looked towards Steve for help,

"Well, um I should uh get going now." He then gets up from his seat.

What fucking useless manager.

"I think that's a very good idea." Rosy agrees, crossing her arms.

"Rosy, let's go back inside." I put my arm around, but she's moves just in time to grab the folder.

She scans it, "C-chase, why do you need this?"

"You don't need this." She proceeds to shed the folder into small pieces. "You have me."

"Rosy, what are you doing?" I yelled, picking up the pieces of what was left.

She begins crying dropping unto the grass with a soft thud. "I'm so sorry,"

"I've been so moody, lately." She protests, "And this baby is g-

"Rosy, I'm tired of your shit and using the baby as an excuse." I tried to remain calm, but I had no chill right now.

"What do you mean I don't need this?" I showed her the now ripped up yellow folder. "Why can't I see the report?"