Chapter 26

Bout time I update frfr.

I breathe in the warm air of Chicago. It has been over a year since the incident that involved Chase and I. A month later I learned that Chase was in accident on his to his set to Italy and was severely injured. Due to that his memory has been lost. I never actually contact him since the time he left of course, when I heard about the accident I was worried sick but I never called, or visit him.

High school years passed by quickly since the breakup I lost my friends, and family too. It was a rough time I'd admit but now I'm trying to make it up.

"You ready?" Anne asked me. I slowly nodded, taking one last whiff of the air I was heading back to New York. Anne has been my manger, and number one fan since the beginning.

I was wearing a tight bodycon dress that did my body justice and made me feel great. I held my channel clutch close to me which was a gift from Anne which she had given to me on my first debut. With my freshly permed hair slicked back I looked as if I belong in stardom. Anne tugged my suitcase behind her as I waved to the many people who knew my name. I felt special, but some part of me felt empty and I knew that part disappeared when Chase left.

Chase's manger has been doing a lot of the speaking for him in the interviews. He goes on saying how Chase is improving in memory and will be okay in his upcoming movie. Chase would never budge or speak in his interview he doesn't even have fan greets anymore. He just sits still, flashes a fake smile and hides his eyes behind his dark shades. The only person who knows about the incident with Chase and I is Anne. The price comes big when it comes to fame especially when you're just starting out. After high school, after the whole incident I wanted a new phase in my life. A little over a year ago just on the peak of senior year there was a modeling casting call in downtown New York I sent them my portfolio and after that small photoshoot people in town knew my name. I was on the sides of buses on store windows. I was everywhere.

"Okay, so the schedule when we arrive in New York is an interview, an audition and a photoshoot." Anne taps away on the IPad.

"Maya." Anne waves her hand in my face.

I slightly roll my eyes, "Can't I get some sleep?"

"I don't feel too well, and we'll be in New York in less than four hours."

She had reserved this private jet just for me and I was being a bitch about it. I haven't exactly been happy, I can't remember the last time I smiled and it was real.

She sighs, and closes the window next to our seats. My eyes slowly closed, and sleep overtook me.

FLASH BACK.

"Chase fucking left me and you expect me to be okay?" I yell at Randi who was chopping away on her subway foot long.

She shrugs, "You guys weren't even officially dating anyways."

"As some true friend advice you were acting like a slut."

I wanted to hit her, I wanted to hit so bad. How could she say this to me? Does she know the pain I went through after he left.

I gathered up my bag, stuck the middle finger at her then left. I was not in the fucking mood for anyone bullshit. I haven't contacted my mom in months so I don't know what the hell is up with her. I sat down on the on a bench near subway. I realized I had no place to go, with the sudden realization I burst into tears. People passing by looked at me, and some even laughed saying I was drunk or high.

"Come here, honey." My head slowly inches up from the ball position I was in. The women was a truly beautiful women she wore her natural curls but had them dyed a lighter shade of brown. Her skin color was a shade darker than mine which made her a deep brown. Her eyebrows, and everything about her was always on point. She look as if she was in her mid-thirties but still looked great. Black don't crack.