Twenty-Two

YES I KNOW, DON’T EVEN SAY IT. OMG OMG YOU GUYS MIGHT NEED TO GO BACK A CHAPTER OR TWO BECAUSE THIS WILL BE TOTTALY CONFUSING IF YOU DON’T!!! OMG OMG I PROMISE I WILL UPDATE TWICE A WEEK NO STUPID EXCUSES. AND MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVES!

Maya Pov.

I stared at my locked door. The banging was getting louder, and louder.

“You filthy bitch, open the door.” He yelled.

I closed my ears with my hands trying to block out the yells, and curses.

I know it was only a matter of time before my door would give up and open. I stared at my window for probably the tenth time.

The bar that my mother was drinking at was the one Victor worked at. She told me she was waiting to introduce me to him but she never got the chance.

I shivered at the thought.

I got up from the curled up position I was in and slowly walked over to my window. I looked down, I unlocked my window and gulped. I put one leg over the ledge and another so I was sitting down. My heart felt like it was going to jump out and run away. My legs dangled in the cold breeze, I pushed myself more so that my butt was nearly off the window ledge I pushed off.

I tear slipped down my face. Above me I could hear Victor yells, and below me. Do I dare too look?

Sooner or later I was going to hit the ground, and I did.

I lived hurray.

I wouldn’t mind if I didn’t,

I scrambled to my feet, and started running. I didn’t know where but I ran. My feet pounded on the ground with each step I took.

My heart beating at a steady pace. I stumbled a few time, looking back often. I soon stopped at a local convince store, Bare footed and in my yellow Tweety bird Pajama’s.

 I gave a small smile to the elderly lady at the counter who was staring at me intensely.  I felt her eyes follow my every movement in the isles.

“Can I help with something, miss?” Her voice was old, and raspy as expected.

I shook my head, because I knew I was broke as shit. And there was no way in hell was I going back to the house.

My only thought was going back to Chase’s house. I was then hesitant because of last night events.

“Miss, you’ve been here for over twenty minutes are you sure you don’t need help?” The old women voice said snapping me out of my little daze.

I felt annoyed. “Ma’am, Look, I’m not going to steal anything if that’s what your worried about so please worry about your other costumers in here instead of watching me.”

I expected getting kick out the store, but it was different she laughed showing her nearly browning teeth.

I laughed nervously. The other costumers whispered, and mumbled something.

“Honey, I’m not afraid of you stealing anything.” She grinned. “It’s just that you’re getting yourself some weird looks.

I look around, the costumers were looking at my dirty feet and my tweety bird pj’s. A wave of embarrassment hit me hard nearly knocking me to the floor.

“Thank you, for your time.” I mumbled before sprinting out the door.

The moment I turn to the corner of the store I bumped into a big, hard figure. My face smacked down on it chest. Assuming, the figure was a male I took a whiff of Old Spice.