Totally Unexpected

Since I'm practically going to be living in New York, and going to school here I might as well know my surroundings more, and not just go on dates with Ryan, I need to be more opened to the people. He wasn't awake yet so I left a message telling him I'll be with Regina all day. I quickly put on my muscle tee, high waist lace shorts, and black toms and grabbed my denim jacket while I stepped out the house to get a cab to head over to Regina's. I missed my friends from back home, although I didn't have that much I had two best friends. Zoe and Julia, they're probably better off without me now but I still tried to make a form of contact with them. I called Julia on facetime but she didn't pick up, I tried calling Zoe, who eventually picked up after a few rings. She was my closer friend anyways.

"Heyyyyy girl!" The familiar high pitched voice chirped as the call connected.

"Hey boo, I missed you" I said.

"I missed you too, how are things?" She asked.

"Well, they're great I'm currently dating this guy Ryan, I'll send you pics of us but I'm heading over to my therapist's house now" I replied.

I scrambled through me and Ry's album and sent the photo to her.

"Wowwww, he's such a hottie! Does NY have any more guys for me? Haha" The red hair girl said, I loved Zoe and felt bad that I lost contact with her for the past weeks, she was so cheerful.

"Well yeah, wait, what happened to you and Kaleb?" I asked. Kaleb was her boyfriend for 6 months going strong.

"We broke up like last week, he was seeing another girl for like month" Her voice slowly fading away while she said this.

"What a jerk, I'm totally gonna kick his ass if I see him" I said. Zoe was so happy with Kaleb.

"Ha, that's what friends are for, hey can you hit me up later I'm getting ready to go to my brother's condo soon, he finally came back from college!" She said.

I hadn't seen her brother in so long, he left Rhode Island about 8 years ago to continue with his studies, hoping to become a scientist someday.

"That's great, tell him I said Hi, bye babe" I said, blowing a kiss at the screen.

"Byeeeeee!" Zoe said.

Call ended.

As I looked out the window, I saw the cab turning into the familiar suburban neighborhood.

"You can put me out here, thank you" I said, paying him as I stepped out the vehicle.

      I walked straight, remembering that her house was the last one on the right on this road. This neighborhood always seemed quiet, the only audible noises were of the annoying chihuahuas and other stereotypical "posh" dogs. They weren't any children in the roads playing, just people outside taking care of their gardens or cars. I took out my phone to call Regina to notify her that I'm outside so she could open the gate. In a few, I saw the pretty mature lady walking towards me. I never focused on her beauty, but I realized that she was nearly perfect.

"Hey Jodie" She said. Giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey Reg" I said.

We really connected and got closer after a while, since she was the only adult figure in my life at the moment.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Well, I kinda wanted to explore the city more and spend the day with you " I told her.

"Oh, I'm kind of busy today Jo... Tell you what, there's this park opposite my house that people your age go out to a lot, hopefully you can meet a new friend" She said, as she pointed to the park. I saw about eight teenagers outside, definitely my company.

"Great, finally people of my age group!" I squealed.

"Hey I'm not that old!" Regina jokingly said.

"Haha, sorry, later though" I said, as I hugged her and made my way out.

"You can come back when you're done" She said.

I nodded.

          As I was making my way to the park I saw a blonde girl with a very nice tan who looked about 18 the most walking in my direction. She smiled at me as I got closer.

"Hey, I never saw you around here! Are you new?" She asked with her strong British accent.

"O-oh Um no, I was visiting a friend, and making my way to this park they told me about" I said.

"Oh ok, I actually was just out there, but I can introduce you to a few people" She said.

She was so nice, and I let my shyness ago because I realized it's just going to block me from making a new friend. That's what today's plan was right?

     We made our way into the park, and all of the people there looked so cool. I even saw a girl wearing an Abel Tesfaye shirt, tots my new bestie.

"Hey guys! We have a new friend!" The blonde girl said as she show cased me to the teenagers there.

"Hey" I said.

They all either waved or said hi in chorus, with different accents merging together.

"You can sit over here with me, I'm not letting them steal you" The blonde girl said, giggling.

"Well I'm enough to share" I said, smiling at her statement.

      The weather was nice, and the grass looked so perfect, as if it had never been walked on and was constantly painted in a bright green everyday. The park also had a nice view of the houses in the neighborhood. I was just admiring my surroundings, everything was so beautiful, even the people.

"So where are you from?" The blonde asked.

"Rhode Island, what about you?" I asked.

"I'm from England as you can tell" She said jokingly, indicating that her accent was quite clear.

"I always wanted to go there but my family aren't really the travel type" I said, looking at the ground.

"I won't recommend it, the weather's shitty anyways" She said.

Then every thing suddenly flashed passed me again. I didn't have a family, well I had one. But I kind of wished that they were not as messed up, and at least here. We'd be enjoying our "vacation" together. I stared at the sky as I let my thoughts take over. I suddenly snapped back into reality realizing that the blonde girl was trying to get my attention.

"O-oh sorry about that I was just thinking..." I said.

"It's no problem" she said.

I looked down at my phone, gasping at the time, realizing that the day was almost over.

"Sorry I really have to go, I'd probably see you around sometime again" I said, as I quickly got up to leave.

"H-Hey! Whats your name?" The blonde asked.

"Jodie" I said.

"I'm Lola.." The blonde replied, almost in a whisper, as if she knew who I was.

I stopped dead in my tracks.