Chapter Nineteen: When It All Ends

Welp here is the chapter...uh I don't really know what to say....uh but check out the song Shattered, and the whole band (if you have heard of it before comment!). Enjoy...I think.

{------}

"And I've lost who I am, and I can't understand.
Why my heart is so broken, rejecting your love, without, love gone wrong, lifeless words carry on.
But I know, all I know, is that the end's beginning.
Who I am from the start, take me home to my heart.
Let me go and I will run, I will not be silent.
All this time spent in vain, wasted years, wasted gain." -Shattered by Trading Yesterday

Irina

"Uno!" Ryan screamed, jumping up. "It's just a game." Angelo said bitterly as Ryan did a victory dance with Allie. I laughed from my place at the kitchen counter, watching them.

My head hurt; that was my excuse for not playing. My phone buzzed.

You've got twenty minutes. I sighed and started deleting all of the apps I had downloaded on the phone.

"Darling, you feeling any better?" Chris called from the couch. I shook my head and went back to the phone. In order to do this, I had to start pulling away. I had already quit my job that morning.

Our Christmas tree was gone now, but the house still smelled nice. Old snow sat on the lawn, it was now a nasty brown color. Right before they started a new game, I walked over.

"Chris, can I talk to you?" He glanced up at me.

"Sure...you okay?" I nodded, my eyes hard. "Go ahead guys." he said, throwing down his cards. I pulled on my jacket and walked out onto the porch.

"What's up?" he asked once we were outside.

"I-I wanna break up." The words stung my lips as they hit him. A metallic taste formed in my mouth and my gut started to ache.

"What?" It was more of a whisper. I willed myself not to cry. Not in front of him again. My head started to try to come up with a valid reason to hate him. There was nothing.

"You were right...the age gap is just too much." I said, dropping my eyes. Not now...don't cry.

"Irina, that's nuts you're the one who talked me out of that." he said, coming towards me. I moved away.

"Don't." He recoiled, pain plaguing him.

"What about our song? What about everything we've worked so hard on?" he asked, his voice bitter.

"I just don't want this anymore." I said, my voice breaking.

"Is this about Will?" he asked, crossing his arms defensively.

"What? N-No of course not." I lied. I could tell him everything, but I didn't want to lose him.

"Then why?" "I don't want you." My stomach twisted into a knot as I spoke. I placed a hand gently on it, willing myself not to empty its contents.

"Irina, whatever I did wrong, tell me!" he said, coming towards me. He placed his hand gently on my cheek.

"N-No stop."

"Please? I'll do whatever it takes. Anywhere you want to go, anything you need, just tell me what to do." he pleaded.

"I can't." I said, the tears overflowing.

"I'm so sorry." I wiggled out of his grip and started down the stairs.

"So that's it? You're just gonna give up!?" I turned to him from the bottom step.

"I have to." I said gently. I took the phone and placed it on the top step.

"Say it." he said harshly.

"What?"

"Say you don't love me." I squeezed my eyes shut, my stomach churning.

"Chris...I don't love you."

I had to leave. If I didn't I'd puke all over the place and make this even harder to do. I gave one last look at him. A dark smear on his usually flawless face fell from his eye.

I started away, leaving him behind. But it was either this or see him die.

I would never let that happen...I guess that's what you do for the people you love.

Chris

No. No. No no no! I stood on the porch, the cold no longer penetrating my skin.

She was gone. She left.

"Hey is everything okay? Where's Irina?" Angelo asked from the half open door. I looked at him, unsure of what to say. I shook my head.

"She's gone."

"What?" Angelo joined me on the porch, his brow furrowed.

"She left. She's fucking gone!" I planted my fist into one of the columns on the porch. It made a loud echo and my hand radiated pain.

"I still don't get it. Did she go out to get pain meds, or tacos?"

"She fucking broke up with me Angelo! It's not that hard to fucking get!" I screamed, storming down the steps and into the dirty snow in bare feet.

I didn't care. She was gone and I'd never see her again. I didn't even know why.

"What's going on?" I heard Allie ask. I didn't stick around to hear Angelo's reply, I just kept walking.

Irina

Once I had reached the opening of his driveway, I fell to the ground. My stomach felt like a hole was being punched through it.

I finally let the tears fall, my heart beating way too fast for my chest.

My throat felt thick, like cotton balls had been shoved inside of it. I couldn't do this... I had to go.

I was literally holding myself together as the all too familiar truck pulled up. The door opened and smacked my head.

"Fuck!" I screamed as a hand jerked me up and pulled me into the truck.

"Hello beautiful, long time no see."

I looked over to see my dad driving and Will in the seat of the truck. I was fucked.

{-----}

Guys? *asks from behind laptop screen* Friends? No? Okay. Comment, Vote, and Follow darlings!