Chapter Twenty: Slipping Away

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait school is flooding me! Anyway here is this chapter. It switches POV and has a bit of violence so be warned!

{-----}

"Everything that I do, reminds me of you. The clothes you left they lie on my floor, and they smell just like you." When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne

Irina

"The more you fight, the more difficult this is going to be." Will said as he pushed my face into the gravel of the driveway. I kept trying to get away, but so far it wasn't working.

"He fattened you up didn't he?" Will stated as he pulled me up the steps and kicked open the door.

"Where's Aunt Lacey?" I asked as he pulled me up the stairs, dad walking up in his wake. "We killed the old bitch...didn't take much."

He pulled me into the room that I had gotten the dress from and pushed me onto the bed. The room was cleaner than before and the bed had somewhat fresh linens on it.

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked, my gut aching. He looked over at me, smiling.

"I'm gonna take care of you...make you mine again." I swallowed hard. "Will this is crazy-." He rushed over to me and clapped a hand over my mouth. "From now on, you only speak when you are addressed. Got it?"

"Tell me something. Did the little bitch cry?" Will sat down on the bench in front of the vanity.

"That's none of your business." I snapped. He chuckled darkly and walked over to me.

"That is exactly my business. I want him to suffer... and I think he is."

"Shut up!" He delivered a smack to my face and I fell back onto the bed.

"You will never raise your voice in this house again." he said harshly. "Irina, I want this to be as painless for you as possible. But if violence is what I need then that is what I will have to resort to." he said leaving the room with a slam of the door.

My cheek burned as I got up and ran to the window.

Bars...of course there were bars on the damn windows. I grunted in frustration and then moved to sit in front of the vanity.

My cheek was red and tears streaked through it.

Wherever Chris was, I hoped he was safe, and having a better day than I was.

Two Weeks Later

Chris

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. I swiped the screen left to ignore the call.

I sat my head back, commanding the Xbox to replay that night. She was so happy and cute when she was mad. I blinked back tears and retreated to the almost empty bottle of rum.

Exhaling deeply, I ignored yet another call and two texts, one from Lizzy and the other from Angelo.

Lizzy was the girl I had taken to prom. She was gorgeous no doubt but I wasn't that into her...I just couldn't live with the gaping void that Irina left in my chest anymore.

I sat in silence as the video ended.

This was killing me, slowly. I stood, dizziness taking over me for a moment.