Chapter 17

Chris's pov-

I woke up to my brother calling me. Apparently he was throwing a big party for his birthday today and he wanted me to come. I asked if I could bring a few friends, and he replied with "the more the merrier!"

I agreed to bring the beer.

-

"Hey peej, my brother is having a party tonight, wanna come?"

"Yeah sure mate"

There was a silence, making me wonder if the call got dropped somehow.

"Do I need to bring anything?" Pj said after a while.

"Any alcohol you can find."

"That might be a lot, I literally have an entire cabinet dedicated to it"

"Well bring half of it then?"

"Okay, sounds solid. See you there!"

After I called pj I called Dan and Phil, and they agreed to tag along as well. Though, Phil was a little reluctant, asking Dan things like "are you sure you want to? We don't have to."

He might've just been intimidated by my brother. Well, pretty much everyone is. He is much taller than me, which is really tall.
Not to mention his house. Everyone thinks he's rich, when really he just got lucky in the lottery.

Yeah, probably that.

Phil's pov-

"Dan, are you sure you wanna go? I mean with what you did... Will you be able to-"

"Of course I can handle it!"

"Dan, you don't have to interrupt me!"

"Why don't you think I can't handle it?"

"Dan..."

"NO. TELL ME WHY."

"BECAUSE I KNOW YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT! YOU CAN'T EVEN FUNCTION LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!"

Oh god... Why did I say that?! Stupid! Stupid!

"Dan I-"

Dan replied with obvious sarcasm in his voice,
"You know what? Let's just go to the fucking party. Let's go have a great time, get wasted, let's fucking go."

"Fine, Dan. Let's fucking go."
-
The ride up to his house was silence filled and terrible.

I felt really bad for what I said to Dan. I didn't mean it, I guess I was just mad.

Pj's pov-

I arrived to the party early to help set things up. As I walked through the open front door, I saw Chris in the kitchen attempting to make party food.
"Need some help chris?"
I asked him.
"What do you think? I'm covered in food and I've got nothing done!"
"I take it that's a yes."
"Here." He said, handing me a bowl of some strange concoction.
"I need to go wash this out of my hair. And off my face. And clothes."

Eventually I turned the unholy liquid into something edible. I made some more things, and sat them up on the countertop.

A few minutes after I finished with the cooking there was a knock on the now closed door.

I opened it to find Dan and Phil, looking rather displeased.

"Hey you made it! Are...are you okay?"

"Yeah." Phil said. "We just had a little fight so we're still kinda annoyed. Don't worry."

I noticed that Dan shot an ugly look in Phil's direction after he said that.

"Oh, I see you brought some drinks! Here, I'll go put them in the kitchen."
-
About an hour later, the house began to fill with people I didn't know.

I desperately tried to find Chris in the sea of faces, but ultimately gave up and went upstairs.

Not many people were up there, but there was someone in the bathroom.

I went into a random room to charge my phone, only to find a couple. Having sex.

Let's just say that I saw some things I didn't want to.

Dan's pov-

I really shouldn't have come to this party.

I'm sitting on the bathroom floor, having a fucking panic attack.

Phil's right.

I can't function like a normal human.

God, why do I have to be such a... such a... a...

A fuck up, howell.

I decided that I needed something to drink.

That'll numb my mind, right?

I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of something, I don't know what it was.

After a few cups of this liquid I wanted more. And more. And more. Eventually I just stole a whole bottle of something and walked back upstairs with it.

I needed some fresh air, so I went over to the balcony.

There was a couple on it, but they left just when I arrived.

Typical, I thought.
I leaned on the edge and looked up at the sky.

It was dotted with stars, and I found it strangely beautiful. And then I felt something.
I felt like I could do anything, I felt I could fly.

I stood on the edge and spread my wings, ready to soar into the night. I looked at the people two stories below me.

I wondered if they saw me up here. Do you think they'll see me when I fly?
I sure hope so.

For some reason, I began to cry. I guess I'm just so happy, happy that I can fly.

Wait...no.

I... I c-can't fly...

I jumped back onto the balcony and started shaking again.

I can't believe I almost did that...

What would phil think!?

Phil doesn't care about you.

But he said he loves me...

He lied.

But the phil I know wouldn't lie, especially about that!

Then maybe you don't really know phil.

Maybe I really don't then.

-
Hssbhsbs I'm so sorry this took so long to get out I've been crazy busy you wouldn't believe it!

You see, my friends proposed the idea that we start writing something together. And being the person I am, I accepted the offer.

However, we have plans for it.

A brief explanation of the book:

So, it's. Bunch of short stories, each chapter is a different one. But there's a catch- all the stories are connected. Characters could be related to some from another story, or they could just be their neighbor. And with this book, there is no end to any story. If a character dies, we make them a ghost or make them get trapped in the void, or even make them reborn into another character.

So, tell me what you think of this. We will likely upload it to wattpad, so stay tuned for that!

Anyways,

Later dorks!

-Korbyn nicole