chapter 7

phils pov~

I woke up to the receptionist shaking my shoulder.

"sweetie, you can see your friend now."

something didn't feel right about what she said.

I went to his room, to see him unconscious with bandages on his arms. he looked weak, and his eyes still red.

i looked at myself in the mirror and noticed I didn't look any better.

"ah, you must be phil. I'm Dr. Tate." a man said as he walked in. "I'm really sorry about Dan. but, he will be okay."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "thank you so much doctor."

"now we have to get some things straight. do you know why he did this? any history of depression or any trauma in the past?" the doctor me.

"no, not much. I've known him since we were kids, and he never showed any signs of depression, though he was bullied in middle school."
I replied.

"well we're going to put him on a round of antidepressants and see how he does."

"that sounds great doctor. are you sure he will be okay?" I asked.

"he will be fine, just keep him away from knives and put all the medicine in a locked cabinet, he shouldn't be able to cause himself any harm." the doctor said.

I walked over to Dan after the doctor left. I stared at his face, at his body. he was so fragile and skinny, I'd never really noticed before.

"Dan..." I whispered. "Dan of you can hear me please wake up. Dan..."

I was starting to feel something strange in my stomach. I saw Dan differently. he was so beautiful, I couldn't possibly-

"...I love you."

I didn't realize what i'd said until after I said it. did I just say I loved him? I'd felt this before, but I'd suppressed those feelings.

i've never really bothered with my sexuality, I guess I just never thought it was really important. I still thought girls were cute, but now I'm seeing things in Dan that I haven't noticed in a long time. like how his hair compliments his skin so well, how his eyes are like an ocean even if they're brown.

the whole concept of sexuality was so confusing.

if I wanna get it on with a guy, then so be it. but then there would be the people who hate me for it. the homophobes.

just as my thoughts were almost too much to handle, I heard a small voice.

"I love you too, Phil."

______________

a/n aw aw awww
sooooooo what do you think of the fic so far?
it's so hard to write holy crap

BUT IM DETERMINED TO WRITE UNTIL IM DEAD

-Poptart Nicole