Forever and Always

So I just want to start out saying I love all you guys! Thanks for reading and loving both the books of "This Love." Sadly, this is the last chapter. But don't fret, I'm going be starting a new NIAN story that will be slower with how things play out to make nian. But enjoy this chapter, I'm sad to end it! It's going to be super long though! But watch for the new story please! And leave comments on things you want to see happen in it as well!

-----
4 months post delivery
•• Nina's pov ••

I sit up fast in the bed and smack Ian's shoulder to wake him up.

"What the hell?" He sits up and rubs his arm.

"I think I heard something.." I whisper.

"What? Where?" He stands up.

"From outside. Like on the deck." I say.

Ian walks over to the window to look down in the back yard.

"Nina I don't.." Ian says but then there's a big crash down in the kitchen.

"Shit." Ian says and runs into the closet and comes back out with a gun.

"Go get the kids Nina and lock yourself in one of their rooms." He says and heads down the hall to walk downstairs.

"Harlow? Cleo?" I tap on their shoulders to wake them up.

"Be really quiet, I need you girls to come with mommy." I help them out of bed and lead them into Veda's room to get her. Then we all pile into Luca's room and I lock the door.

"Mommy where's daddy? And why are we in here. I'm sleepy." Harlow says.

"Harlow, how about we play a quiet game..mommy needs both of you to be super quiet for me. Okay? Can we do that?" I sit them in the closet.

I grab Luca and put him and Veda in a bassinet and stick it in the closet. Both still sound asleep.

"Mommy needs you to stay right here and watch the babies for me..I need to grab my phone." I whisper and walk back out of the room.

I sprint to grab my phone and dial 911.

As I get back into the baby's room I lock the door back.

"911 what's your emergency?" The lady says.

"Hi, there's someone in our house, my husband has gone down to see and he's got his gun, but my 4 kids and I are upstairs away from everything. I haven't heard anything yet..but we need help." I say to lady. Trying to stay calm for the kids.

"And what is your address ma'am?" The lady asks.

"It's 2104 Willow Street Covington, Georgia 30014." I tell the lady.

A few seconds after I hear 3 gunshots and the girls screaming.

"Mommy! Mommy!" The girls cry.

I run into the closet and gather them in my arms.

"Ma'am? Is everything okay? What happened?" The lady asks.

"I..I don't know! Please hurry! Please!" I cry out.

"Ma'am they're on their way. Stay out where you are. I've notified them that you're in a room upstairs.

"Oh my god please hurry." I cry.

Veda and Luca start crying with girls.

"Shhh..mommy isn't going to let anything happen, shhh." I rock the girls in my arms. Their grip around my stomach is tight.

"I hear sirens in the distant." I say into the phone.

"Okay good, stay on the phone with me until they come to the room." The lady says.