A little more

•• Nina's pov ••

Ian and I sit quietly in the lobby at the doctors office. We dropped Harlow off at school, and Cleo off at pre-school and rushed here since the appointment is at 8:25.

Ian plays with my fingers as we hold hands. I can't wait to find out how far a long I am.

I'm so happy to be pregnant again. Seeing those two pink lines yesterday made my body feel up with so much more happiness. We have been trying for a year now.

"Nina Somerhalder?" The nurse steps out of the door and holds it open for us when we walk to the back.

"How are you guys doing?" She asks.

"Great. We're great." I answer and smile.

"Just have a seat there and the doctor will be you soon." She smiles and leaves the room.

Ian looks over at me and smiles. I hold my hand out for him to grab.

The doctor knocks on the door and comes in.

"Hi guys! It's been awhile! How is everything?" Dr. Stanley asks.

"Everything is going great. I took a home pregnancy test yesterday and it had two little pink lines. So we called to get an appointment with you as soon as we could." I smile.

"She actually took 8." Ian laughs.

"Do you remember when you last had your period Nina?" Dr. Stanley asks as I lay back and he puts the cream on my belly.

"No, I haven't really been keeping up with it, but I know it's been awhile." I say.

"Okay, well let's find out how big the baby is so we can maybe estimate how far long you are." Dr. Stanley smiles.

He runs the wand across my belly and we all look at the screen.

"Wow!" Dr. Stanley says when he finds the baby. Which didn't take long considering we can see a full little baby body.

"It looks like you're about 17 weeks along Nina!" Dr. Stanley smiles.

"Wait a minute..." He adds.

"What is it?" Ian asks and clears his throat.

Dr. Stanley fixes his glasses and stares at the screen.

"Any of you have twins in the family?" He finally says.

Twins?

"I do. My dads mom was a twin." Ian says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Well guys, there are two babies inside your growing belly Nina." Dr. Stanley points to the babies.

"You're kidding!" I lift up and look.

"Oh my god." Ian says and smiles the biggest I've ever seen.

"Congratulations you guys!" Dr. Stanley smiles.

"Twins? I'm..we are having twins." I grab Ian's hand and kiss him.

"Since you're far a long enough to to know the sex, do you want me to look for you?" Dr. Stanley asks.

I look at Ian.

"Should we wait or find out?" I ask him.

"Can we please find out?" Ian begs.

"Can you look, but not tell us? Ian we should invite everyone over, and tell them we are pregnant and the sex at the same time. But don't tell them what the party is about." I say and smile.

"Can we do it soon? I don't want to wait!" Ian laughs.

"Yes we can." I smile.

Dr. Stanley laughs.

"Okay just turn that way and don't look at the screen. I'll get you copies of the babies and a separate copy of the sexes." Dr. Stanley says. I turn around and face Ian who smiles wide at me.

A few seconds later and dr. Stanley stands up.

"Okay, I'll be back in a minute with those ultrasounds and an envelope.

"We can stop by the bakery and ask if she can get the cake done by Friday. And we can have the party Friday night." I say to Ian who helps me wipe the cream off my belly.

"Twins Nina. We are having not one but two more babies." He kisses me softly.

"That's so exciting." I say.

"I'm calling mom when we get in the car to tell her and dad to come down. And we can call your mom and dad too. And robin!" I say.

Ian agrees.

Dr. Stanley hands us the envelope and the ultrasound pictures.

"Let's schedule you to come back in next week Nina." Dr. Stanley says.

"Okay! We will see you then." I say and Ian and I walk out of the building.

I call mom as soon as we get into the car and she and dad will be in Thursday night along with Ian's parents.

I send out a group text to everyone to come to the house Friday for a get together/cook out.

No ones asked questions yet.

Ian pulls into the bakery parking lot and I hop out of the car to run the envelope in.

"Hi Lia! Can you possibly do another reveal cake? Or maybe two?" I hold up one of the ultrasounds with the twins on it. Also looking around To make sure no one else is in the store.

"Nina! You're not having twins! Oh my gosh!" Lia smiles and jumps up and down.

"Of course I can!" She smiles.

"Thank you so much!" I say.

"I will have them ready by Friday morning for you!" Lia says.

"Thank you! I'll see you on Friday!" I smile and wave bye as I walk out the door.

----

Ian and I get home and we walk upstairs to our bedroom. I kick my shoes off and lay down in the bed.

"I can't believe we are having twins." I say.

Ian lays his head on my chest and runs his hand over my belly.

"Our parents are going to freak." Ian laughs.

He starts kissing my stomach.

"I know, everyone will." I add and tilt my head back as he continues kissing my stomach.

My fingers run through his hair and he flips me over onto him.

"At least the kids will have plenty of choices to play with someone so we can..you know." I wink at him as I unbutton his shirt.

"Indeed." He smirks.

"Cause you know we are never going to stop doing it." He adds.

"Never. Ever. Ever." I say and kiss him after each word.

I look up at the clock and back down at Ian.

"We have about an hour until we need to pick the girls up." I say and start kissing Ian's chest.

"We also have all night tonight." He teases.

His hands slide up my shirt until he pulls it over my head.

I tie my hair to get it out of the way and Ian kisses my neck.

He pulls my hair back out of the hair tie.

"I like it down." He smirks.

"Why? It gets in the way." I say.

"Because it's beautiful. And I have something to run my fingers through when you know.." He whispers and kisses my neck again.

"Right." I laugh.

We slide out of the rest of our clothes and Ian flips over on me.

I stare into his blue eyes and he pulls the sheets over us until we are in complete darkness.