The Frog and The Cricket Bat

"Well, this hasn't been the most successful of trips," Beldon said as he held his hand out to Rosalia and helped her into the carriage.

"That puts it mildly," Rosalia replied, sitting down as Beldon stepped in after her.

Originally, the plan had been she'd stay with Beldon for a week, until he returned to university, but with all the drama of the few days before, they decided she would return home instead. If anything, it would put her siblings minds at ease but also Luka had asked her to return home – at least until a thorough of the forests could be made.

"So Luka returned to town this morning?"

"Last night actually, so I wasn't missed in bed."

Rosalia flicked open her fan to hide her laugh. "The poor man never seems to take a break."

"He doesn't," Beldon replied, relaxing back in the carriage as it started it's way towards the woods, away from Rosa Castle. Rosalia peered out of the window, looking back to the castle, and watching the ridiculously large procession of men who were travelling with them. Never in her life had she been so heavily guarded – nor did she suspect, had most of the woman who knew save those of the royal family.

But Beldon and Luka had insisted and Rose Castle certainly had the staff to spare.

"Are you returning with me?" Rosalia asked, sitting back.

"No, I'm only going part way before I head off, I'm joining Raoul at the club, then joining him at home for dinner with Louise."

"How many god-children do you have now?" Rosalia said with a smile, resting her cheek on her knuckles.

"You make it sound like I'm collecting them, there are two goddaughters, no more."

"Yet."

Beldon smirked, "I'm sure you'll get some of your own soon, as well as your own children."

Rosalia sighed, looking out of the window. "Certainly my own if Antoinette has her say and way."

"Be careful she doesn't lock you in with a suitor when you return home," Beldon said with a grin – though Rosalia knew it was partially a very real warning.

"Wait, that's why you're not coming home first and going straight to Raoul's! You're sacrificing me so you needn't deal with her! Shame on you, little brother!" she cried, smacking him with the fan making him laugh.

Regardless of her making Beldon feel guilty, he left her once they were close to home, seemingly content with leaving her in the protection of his staff – not fooling her for a second considering he became fidgety the closer they drew to where they parted. Despite him wishing to avoid their eldest sister, Rosalia ended up having to force him out of the carriage when they reached the club.

She sat back once they were on the move again – having locked the door on her brother's face – and the procession continued on, heading back out towards the suburbs and the family manor.

"He is very attentive."

Rosalia glanced down at the purse she had laid carefully down on her cape, which sat on the seat beside her. It moved slightly and a green nose appeared, followed by the rest of The Frog.

"He's protective, it's very much his nature," Rosalia replied, drawing the curtains of the carriage to avoid the attention of the staff riding beside the carriage and the busy city streets.

"So, this is your capital?" The Frog asked.

Rosalia looked around from drawing the left side curtains only to find him peering out of the back window.