I'm Far Away From Home

Dipper sat at the table in the shack. He had a soda in front of him, with no one beside him to talk to. He has a day before he leaves, yet he preferred to be alone at the moment. What just happened, left a scar on him. An eternal scar. But what made it hurt so much?

That he was being selfish? Leaving the girl he had feelings for, just to keep a stupid job? Or was it that he was heartbroken? He had several reasons to believe both. As he was in deep thought, he barely noticed Grunkle Stan walk right passed him.

Stan was in there making coffee, standing only feet behind Dipper. Not one word was said between the two. Only awkward silence and blank space. Both were still aware of their argument, but just wanted to leave it that way. But, they still wanted to fix it.

"Grunkle Stan.." Dipper finally spoke up. Stan slightly looked passed his left should at him. ".. About last night- "No Dipper... Don't say anything. I shouldn't have said what I said.." Stan sighed. "I shouldn't have yelled at you... Just been a lot of things on my mind these last couple days. I'm sorry." Dipper apologized.

Stan just chuckled. It even made Dipper turn around and look at him. "You're just like your dad. Innocent hearted." Stan said, as he poured the coffee into the maker. Then it got awkward silence again. Stan still continued to mix the coffee, but Dipper stared at his drink.

"Was it about Ms. Richie rich..?" Stan asked. Dipper really didn't want to answer that question. "Sorta.." He sipped from the soda. "Sorry to hear that, kid... Saving a broken heart is never easy..." Stan said softly. "... And neither is seeing my nephew leave." Stan finally came out and said. They both knew he felt it.

"You're 25 years old Dip. I think... And you're still thinking like a kid. Don't run from this stuff, face it." Stan lectured. "I'm 27, and the problem isn't her.. It's my work. I had a choice to make and I made up my mind. Like an adult, I took care of the problem."

"Sure doesn't seem like it. Look at you... You look like you tried to stop me from turning the portal on all those years ago... Destroyed." Stan said sternly. "Decisions don't always give you a positive and a negative... Sometimes life screws you either way." Dipper told Stan.

"True.. But a different response is always an option. You had to choose between her or your job? You know what you should have done? Talked your chief down. If he needs you that bad, he wouldn't need to give you an ultimatum." Stan explained. Dipper didn't say anything. Because deep down... He knew Stan was right. "I'll let you think on that." Stan said, then got up from the table. He then walked into a different room, leaving the coffee to brew.

Dipper finished his soda, then shot it into the trash with a perfect bank. He stood up then headed to his truck to go into town. He didn't have a reason to, but he thought smelling a little bit of fresh air and seeing the townspeople would lighten him up. Or clear his head.

He opened his truck door, but something made him jump. He saw Mabel laying down in his seat. "Mabel?! What the heck are you doing?!" Dipper said in confusion and shock. "I was actually trying to see if you had any snacks. I'm so sick of the food from this town. I remember it being better." Mabel complained.

"But still what-... Never mind. You want a ride in going to town anyways." Dipper pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Let's go to the diner!" Mabel begged. "Why? We just went like 3 days ago." Dipper questioned. "Cmon Dip... It's your last day with us! Besides where's our brother-sister bonding time!!!" She complained again.

Dipper did notice that too. He hasn't had time for his sister yet. "Alright. Hop in." Dipper slightly chuckled. "YAY!" Mabel hugged him then jumped in the passenger seat. Dipper sat down, then put his seatbelt on. Unknowing, he was about to make this biggest decision he's ever had to make.
__________________________

"Ms. Northwest, do you have everything you are taking on the plane?" Samantha asked. "Sam for the last time.. Just call me Pacifica." She freighted. "Girl it's work hours for me, my job entitles me to." Sam chuckled. "Whatever. Help me put these in the limo." Pacifica said without even a smile.

They both grabbed 3 bags each, and tossed them in the small trunk in the back. Once they get in the comfortable car, negative energy was already put off. "Pacifica.." Samantha broke the silence. Pacifica slightly looked at her from the window. "I know this is about that guy.." Sam spoke out. Pacifica's eyes bolted out.

"How did you-  "I did some digging around. Records, resumes, footage you name it. And I found something... But you won't want to hear it.." Samantha sighed. "Tell me." Pacifica said sternly. "*deep sigh* well, I was looking through the footage from a security camera, in one of the power box sheds.
The first five minutes it was nothing but his boss standing there just smoking his cigar. That went on for a while. But when I fast forwarded, I saw Dipper sit down." She stopped.

"Cmon! And!??!" Pacifica said in anticipation. "And..." She was hesitant. "His boss was yelling at him. Giving him an ultimatum. You... Or his job.." She finally said. Pacifica sat silent. Not a word was said. "He.. Lied to me.." She said silently, as they both held the seat on behalf of the car turning.

"He told me i-it was because it was too far.." She said, broken. "I'm so, sorry hun. That arrogant trash didn't deserve you anyways." Sam tried to comfort him. Pacifica didn't even blink. She cried every single tear she had, so her eyes were bone dry.

"Don't think about him. I know it's really hard... But you have to focus Pacifica. Remember what you're about to do. You have one day to prepare when we get there." Sam tried to tie it back into Pacifica's job. Something then snapped in Pacifica.

She finally looked up with a more angered face. "You're right.." She said, with a mad expression. The more she though of Dipper, the angrier she got. "That's the spirit. Chris Daughtry will be at the awards. I BET you, you can hook up with him! Who needs a small town nerd!" Sam encouraged.

"Sounds like a plan." Pacifica said, then looked out the window again. Knowing, she was almost to the airport. She knew... She was only 20 miles away from never seeing Dipper Pines ever again.