6. Lovebites

(EDITED & DETAILED) -cam :-)
.
.
.
Kate's POV

Thirty minutes later, Luke and I were laying on his bed in silence, staring off into space. We were tired, sweaty, and breathless.

"I seriously never expected to have sex with my best friend," Luke laughed and turned his head to look at me.

"Same," I sighed and smiled at him. His arms were wrapped around my waist, and his eyes were on my lips for some reason.

Suddenly, we heard knocks on the door. Thank god it was locked.

"Luke?" It was Calum. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, give me a second," Luke shouted and jumped off the bed.

Get up he mouthed to me as he grabbed a new shirt and put his pants back on. I didn't want to move. My entire lower region was sore, and I could barely get up.

"Luke, I can't move," I whispered, just as he was putting his shirt back on. His eyebrows furrowed, and quickly made his way over to me.

He pushed some of my hair off of my forehead before saying, "Do you want me to help you?" I nodded, and he placed a brief kiss on my lips. He left my side of the bed and went to retrieve my clothes.

I could hear Calum whistling the Jeopardy theme song outside of our door because we were taking so long to open it, but Luke was only focused on me and what I needed.

"Sit up," he directed, handing me my bra. I used my hands to push myself up, and I winced at the pain. I tried to quickly put on my undergarments, filled by my regular clothes, which took about three minutes.

Luke was standing next to the bed when I attempted to get up. My knees buckled as soon as I stood, but he was there to catch me and hold me up so I wouldn't fall.

The last thing I needed to put on we're my pants, so I gently slipped them up my legs. When I was finished, I stood up straight.

"You done?" Luke whispered as I pulled my hair in a ponytail. I nodded, and Luke padded across his bedroom floor to unlock the door. I sat back down on his bed, my legs starting to give out again.

In walked Calum, but he didn't notice me at right away.

"So, I've been thinking about what you told us about Kate, and-" he stopped, once he realized I was in the room too. "Oh. Hi, Kate," he said slowly.

I smiled. "Hey, Cal. What're you doing here?" I asked. He had no idea that Luke and I just had sex.

"I could ask you the same," he replied, smirking. I playfully rolled my eyes at him, and I got up to leave the room. I was careful to try and cover up the pain it caused me to walk so Calum wouldn't get suspicious.

"He's my best friend too," I said, walking towards Luke's bedroom door and giving he and Calum a smile before exiting.

"Bye, Kate," I heard Calum shout as I practically limped down the stairs.

I didn't notice Luke followed me to the door, but I turned around when he jumped off the last few stairs, creating a thump when he landed.

"Kate, wait a minute," he called. He grabbed my wrist, to keep me from going any further.

"Yeah?" I asked.

He stepped closer. "Are you okay? I mean...I didn't hurt you, did I?" He asked, eyebrows knitting together, waiting for my response.