Chapter Ten

April's POV

*1 week later*

Aaron had said something about Belle which caused me to burst into laughter. He smiled as I laughed and then resumed eating his sandwich. I sighed and looked up to see Belle and her friends marching over to us.

"If it isn't the cutest couple in the school!" Belle smirked.

My jaw dropped and Aaron almost spat out his food. I was thankful that he didn't because if I saw that happen I would probably vomit. Hopefully I'd aim at the stupid bitch in front of me.

"What the fuck? She's our sister!" Aaron shouted.

"You keep telling yourself that sweetie. She isn't related to us, just like she isn't related to her mum since she's adopted" my eyes widened and I turned towards Aaron who was about too say something.

"Adopted or not she's still our sister! Stop acting like a spoilt brat and get a fucking reality check because if you could actually see around you, you would realise that nobody likes you. The only problem is that you wear so much makeup it basically blocks your vision and seems to block your fucking senses!" He shouted.

"April Edwards is adopted!" Belle shouted and silenced the whole cafeteria.

Everyone's eyes were on me and I didn't know what to do. I'm not really adopted am I? I can't be.. Or was I?. I stood up from the chair I was sitting on and rushed out of the cafeteria before I burst into floods of tears.

I found myself sitting at the top of the bleachers, the only sound was the pouring rain against the ground and my ragged breathing and sobs. I didn't care that I was going to get ill, I just needed to be away from everyone.

The bell rang and I knew that I should get comfortable since I'm obviously not going to class, especially whilst I'm like this. Nobody will notice that I'm not there though, I have nobody except my brother and his friends.

"April!" I lifted my head up and saw Michael and Calum at the bottom of the bleachers.

Luke and Ashton had already started stomping up the steps and soon enough they were sitting beside me. I felt extremely uncomfortable since all four of the boys that Aaron warned me about were surrounding me.

"Are you okay?" Luke whispered into my ear.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"No you're not" Luke wrapped his arms around me and I smiled weakly since his body was so much warmer than mine. They all had their hoods up and I'm pretty sure Luke was annoyed when he had to put his up because of his tall quiff.

"Are you actually adopted?" Ashton asked softly.

"I don't know, I never asked because I never suspected anything but now everything is beginning to make sense" I sighed.

"What do you mean?" Michael asked.

I looked up at him and he was looking back down at me, his pale hands were hidden away in the pockets of his black jacket and he was towering over us since he was the only one standing.

"I never met my dad because he apparently left when my mum was pregnant.. And I don't look like my mum. I just assumed that I had all of my dad's features but maybe I had it all wrong" I sighed.

"Well even if you are adopted your mum still loves you as if you were her own, you won't get treated any differently and if anyone has a problem with this, we'll personally beat them up" Calum smiled.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

Its weird being comforted by the four boys who are supposed to be bad boys. They are really genuine and caring people, I'll have to tell Aaron about this whole encounter later.