Chapter Eleven

April's POV

*a few hours later*

"Oh my god April! Where the hell were you?" Aaron asked as he left the gates and obviously noticed my wet clothes and my wet hair which was just a dark stringy mess.

"I was on the bleachers" I mumbled.

"Why?" He asked.

"I needed to get away" I whispered.

He put his arm around me and we began to walk slowly back to our house. Aaron clearly didn't want to get into the car with Belle probably for the same reasons.

"Oh and you know those boys you warned me about?" He hummed in response but gave me a nervous look.

"They are the sweetest and most genuine people I've spoken to for a while!" Aaron looked surprised and then his face contorted with confusion.

"They found me when I was on the bleachers and they were all comforting me and making me smile. I didn't expect it at all but it was the best thing that's happened to me for a while" I smiled thinking of the memory.

For some reason its always Luke who hugs me or touches me which makes me question if I smell or if I weigh a lot. What if he lost some bet with them and he has too touch the disgusting people? Ugh what am I thinking? They're incredibly sweet.

I wasn't completely convinced though..

"Do they make some sort of a bet and whoever loses has to touch the digusting people?" Aaron snorted before shaking his head in response.

"Wait- they touched you?" He asked and looked completely horrified.

"What the fuck? Shut up! They didn't touch me like that you dirty minded person!" He smirked and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Luke was hugging me and he lifted me up a few weeks ago and then put me on top of a bin" I shrugged.

He chuckled and we began to walk up the driveway. I stopped in my tracks at the bottom and shook my head whilst trying to pull him back so that I wouldn't have to go back home. I couldn't face the truth, but then again I needed to know.

"Come on, I'll be here for you" I nodded and we entered the house.

Aaron shoved me into the kitchen and stood behind me and nodded towards my mum and Tim who were sitting at the island looking through the newspaper.

"Mum" she looked up and her blue eyes met my green ones.

"Can I ask you something?" She nodded again and I watched as Tim placed the newspaper down before giving me a confused glance.

"Okay, you have to answer this truthfully, I need to know the truth" mum shifted uncomfortably on the stool that she was perched on.

My palms became sweaty and my heart was beginning to race, I felt dizzy. I couldn't do this- but I had to. I couldn't go any longer without knowing the truth about myself.

"April, are you okay? What's wrong?" Mum asked nervously.

I sighed before looking back up from the ground. I fiddled with my fingers and bit the corner of my lip nervously.

Here it goes..

"Am I adopted?"