Chapter 32

Diamond's POV

"Well, he used to always hang around my school, and that's how we got to know each other." I answered, trying not to tell her everything. I didn't want her to think bad of me because of how my household was.

"Ohh, that's nice. How long were ya'll together?"

I paused and hesitated. "Um, together?" I asked.

"Well, yea. You live with him, don't you? And he introduced me to you. He never really introduces any girl to me unless it's somethin' serious."

I thought to myself. I didn't think he'd tell anyone that we're together... It made me feel good about myself as I smiled a bit. "I guess we are together... But everything is just a blur on how we got this way." I replied.

"Can you fill this pan with water for me please?" She asked, handing me the pan.

As I filled it up water, I decided to ask: "So, are you Jay's real aunt or..."

"Oh, no honey. But it feels like it. I practically raised him. I helped him whenever he needed me. Whenever he needed a place to stay... Before he had all of this money of course. Poor boy, he's been through so much. I'm sure you heard that his mother died when he was younger?"

"Yes."

"Yea, it seems to me that after that, he fell into a trap he'd be stuck in for the rest of his life. You see, I wasn't living such a great life back at that time either. I was married to a man who lived a very rough lifestyle, but hey, I loved him. I remember the day he bought home a little boy and a little girl. They both looked so frightened. I was looking at my husband like he was crazy. I was thinking to myself like 'What the hell is he thinking, bringing home some kids off the street?!' (we both laughed) He told me their names were Jay'Von and Malasia. They were my babies ever since."

"Who was your husband? And what did you mean when you said Jay would be trapped?" I asked, seasoning all of the chicken.

"His name was Victor, but everyone called him Vice. And because, like I said, Victor lived a rough lifestyle. He was the top dog of the drug game. Everyone worked for him and reported to him. If you didn't, you were an enemy. His way of making a living was selling drugs, having a girl to ride or die, and some kids to carry on the legacy when they grow up. That's how he wanted Jay to grow up. I personally didn't agree with it, but I just let it be. Whatever Vice says goes. But he was so tough on him. But I made sure I was always there when he needed me."

So much went through my mind as she was telling me everything. I started frying the chicken as she started mashing the potatoes.

"I remember the first time we had to rush him to the hospital. I cried my eyes out. We thought he was gonna die."

"What happened?"

"He was outside our old house, playing and running around with Malasia, my nephew, David and his friend that I also consider my own, Bryson. I was inside cooking, but I had the front door open so I can hear them. Victor wasn't home. All of a sudden, I heard Bryson and David screaming 'Jay! Jay get up!'.. At first, I was thinking maybe they were just playing around or something, so I just kept on cooking. That's when Malasia ran into the kitchen, panicking. She told me Jay was lying on the ground, and he wasn't awake. I ran as fast as I could outside to see him just sprawled out on the ground. It still hurts me to this day to think about it. I rushed him to the hospital and the doctor ran so many tests on him. He was just lying in his hospital bed, lifeless. It turned out that he had heart problems--- and still does. He ended up having a slight heart attack, I guess all that running and playing he was doing... His heart couldn't take it. He of course, ended up feeling better after a little while. That incident scared me half to death."

Everything was finally coming together now.

-----------------------------------------------

I just posted an excerpt of my upcoming story: Twins & Thugs. Check it out! Share with your friends if you like it. :)