Chapter 8

It was raining even harder than before, and it began to get dark out. Vicky, Mama, and I had finally reached home and we walked in the house quietly. Vicky and I stared at Mama as she shut the door behind her. She looked at me furiously for what felt like forever. Then, I broke the awkwardness by running upstairs. I knew that the look she was giving me was the I'mma beat yo ass look, so I decided to run up to my room and lock the door so she wouldn't even catch me. Mama's beatings where deadly. Especially the one that's about to happen.

She ran after me, but she wasn't as fast as I was. But that's when I felt a hand snatch me back. Vicky. She threw me onto the floor as she grabbed my hair and began punching me in the face. That's when I felt even more punches being thrown at my stomach and kicks at my head and back. I was being jumped by my mother and sister.

"You stupid bitch! Got Antice locked up 'cause yo stupid ass wanted to open ya mouth!"

"Fucking idiot! You ain't even worth shit! Bitch, you gonna sleep outside now!" Mama yelled, dragging me out the door by my hair.

She dragged me outside and slammed the door in my face. I was never in so much pain in my entire life. My face felt swollen and all I could taste was the blood in my mouth. My back was killing me and my head was pounding. I looked down at the doorstep and saw my own blood on the floor, tracks from how Mama dragged me. That's when I felt the back of my head and saw blood all over my fingers. They made my head bleed. My stomach was in knots and I had scratches all over. One scratch seemed deep enough to bleed gallons. I have to get outta here. I thought to myself. I don't know where I'm gonna go, but as long as it's not here. I began walking down the street.

-----------------------------------------------

I just posted an excerpt of my upcoming story: Twins & Thugs. Check it out! Share with your friends if you like it. :)