Chapter 12: Jay's POV

"Fuck." I said, mad as hell all this god damn traffic is in the way.

I gotta get home before Chay wake up, and this damn traffic is slowing me down. I don't know how I'm gonna manage to do this everyday: Wake up extra early to take Diamond to school and get back home before Chay wake up. Then go back later on to take Diamond back to the house without Chay gettin' suspicious. I can't deal.

Why am I so damn nice? How did I get my ass caught up in this shit? I know damn well I would never do anything like this for anybody, so why am I doing it for Diamond? I've never been so confused.

My thoughts got interrupted once I heard my phone ring. It was KV.

"Yo?" I answered.

"Yo! Dave got locked up!" he shouted.

My eyes widened. "What the fuck? How?"

"Him and his girl killed this bitch, I don't know why, but this nigga should know not to be plottin' shit without us!"

"How you find out?"

"Auntie Gee called me. She said she needed some dough to help for bail."

Auntie Gee was Dave's mom. Me and KV called her Auntie Gee 'cause she loved and raised us like her own.

"Aight, we gonna see her a little later." I said, now even more mad than before.

"Aight." KV said, hanging up after.

What the fuck is wrong with Dave?! He's my boy, but he could be so fucking stupid when it comes Antice. Always doin' shit for her, no matter how much sense it don't make.

The traffic finally cleared up and I reached home in no time. I creeped in the house quietly, so Chay wouldn't hear me. I crept up into our bedroom and threw off all my clothes. Just before I could slide back in bed and play it off, she woke up. Shit.

"Baby?" she mumbled tiredly, barely opening her eyes. "Why you not in bed?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"I just had to stop at the store real quick." I said, sliding back into bed next to her.

"For what?" she asked. Dammit, Chay.

"Some Advil. My back was hurtin'." I said, hoping that she'd buy the lie.

"Oh. Okay." she said, rolling over to face the opposite of me.

I let out a sigh of relief. Even though I doubted that lie was gonna work. She know damn well I don't use no Advils. A little back ache won't kill me. I drifted off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------

I just posted an excerpt of my upcoming story: Twins & Thugs. Check it out! Share with your friends if you like it. :)