Chapter 4

Before I knew it, school was over and I was exiting the building like everyone else.

As I walked out the building to see everyone talking and hanging out, I noticed Dave and Bry talking to this boy. He didn't look like he goes to this school because I never seen him, but he looked so good. He was very tall, maybe 6'2 and he had beautiful brown skin. Every time he smiled, he looked even cuter and even had a little dimple on one side of his face. He was wearing a fitted white t-shirt that showed off his muscular physic. He looked like had money too. He wore a gold Rolex, some Jordans, and a gold chain. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him until he noticed me staring.

I nervously looked away and walked in another direction. That's when I heard Dave and Bry calling my name. Shit.

"Lil D!" they both shouted in unison.

I slowly turned around and walked to the three boys.

"Hey Lil D. You good from earlier?" Bry asked, giving me a hug.

"Mhm." I said quietly while giving Dave a hug as well.

"Well this is our boy Jay." Dave said, pointing to him.

"Hey." he said, motioning me in for a hug.

"Hi." I said, rejecting his offer. He was cute, but I don't hug people that I don't know.

Dave and Bry chuckled under their breathes.

"I saw you looking at me and you looked a little interested." Jay said with a chuckle. "What's ya name?"

"Diamond. And I wasn't looking at you." I said, looking down at the ground.

"It's alright if you was looking. I'm used to it. You go to this school?" he asked.

"I mean like, yeah. You see me standing outside of it."

"Well I'm standing outside of it and I don't go here." He mentioned before his cell phone began to ring. He picked up the call and walked a few feet away.

I looked over at Dave and Bry who was talking about how Des beat up Antice earlier. They made me chuckle. A few minutes later, Jay walked back up to us.

"Aight ya, I'm out. See ya later." he said, dapping Bry and Dave. He then turned to me and smirked as he walked away.

I began walking home. On my way there, I started to get nervous because now, I have to deal with Mama because of Antice. I slowly approached the old, tacky house and opened the door to see Antice crying in Mama's arms, sitting on the raggedy living room couch while Vicky sat across the room smirking. Mama stood up as she noticed me enter.

"Did ya stupid ass get some bitch to fuck up yo sister?!" she asked, stomping in my direction.

I backed up slightly. "No!" I pleaded nervously

"Now you lying to me!" She shouted angrily. 

"I'm not---"

She slapped me across the face which sent a painful sting through my cheek. I held the area she slapped me at softly as tears began to peer through my eyes. I heard the laughs and chuckles of Antice and Vicky behind me. Even though they were my sisters, I felt humiliated. Just when I thought Mama had taken all of her anger out on me, I felt a blow to my stomach and head. The punch she made to my stomach made it hard for me to breathe and the punch to the head made me dizzy. I fell to the floor.

"I'm tired of yo stupid ass! Yo ass gonna be kicked out onto the streets real soon! You don't deserve to live here! Fuck that, you don't even deserve to sleep in that damn bed upstairs! Yo ass gonna be sleeping on this hard ass couch from now on! And don't let me see ya face for the rest of the day!" She shouted as she walked into the kitchen.

I was still on the floor, laying in fetal position, my knees nearly touching my chin. I heard more footsteps approach me.

"Dumb ass bitch. Told you I was gonna tell Mama." Antice said while Vicky laughed in the background.

More tears ran down my face as both my sisters ran upstairs.

-----------------------------------------------

I just posted an excerpt of my upcoming story: Twins & Thugs. Check it out! Share with your friends if you like it. :)