Chapter 8

Taking my mother’s advice, I ended up buying a purple ball gown. It was a lavender color with layers of fabric on the skirt. I was no longer obliged to wear heels it seemed.

            Maggie wore her blue ball gown and Emily chose a lovely emerald dress that suited her very nicely. It wasn’t exactly a ball gown, but it was gorgeous nonetheless.

            I was very surprised that my mother wasn’t angry about my rebellious actions. I think she had to check herself a little bit. The past two days, though, she had been acting strangely. I began to worry.

            “She will be fine,” My father reassured me. I saw them dancing on the floor with such love in their eyes for each other. My mother would be fine.

            “May I have this dance,” I heard a rolling voice. I turned to see a tall handsome man with sweeping black hair and bright blue eyes. He had a beautiful smile. I was immediately swept off my feet. I took his hand and curtsied.

            “May I ask your name?” I smiled.

            “I am Prince Arthur from, I believe you call it Saturn,” He smiled.

            “I am Princess Tara Anne,” I said.

            “It’s common knowledge. You are the rebellious, but compassionate princess no one can stop talking about lately,” He chuckled. I blushed a little bit.

            “I beg your pardon?” I asked.

            “My country likes to gossip. I heard you go and talk to the peasants and you gave them many old dresses just the other day,” He said.

            “I don’t like to call them peasants,” I said politely.

            “Very well; they are your citizens,” He shrugged.

            “I must ask, how are you enjoying our festivities?” I asked.

            “You host fantastic parties!” He exclaimed.

            “We try our best,” I winked, getting back to my flirtatious self.

            “Your women dress so beautifully! But I must say, you are the most stunning of them all,” He whispered as if someone would hear. I stopped a shiver.

            “We have to dress to impress,” I said throwing out an old line.

            “And you have impressed me,” We bowed and parted ways.

            “Who was that?” Emily asked.

            “Prince Arthur,” I smiled.

            “You guys are cure together, if I may say quite frankly,” The man on Maggie’s arm said.

            “Let’s dance before the song ends,” Maggie led her dance onto the floor.

            “How do you attract the most attractive men?” Emily winked.

            “Being a princess helps,” I winked back.

            “Prince Evan has returned and he’s staring you down,” Emily whispered and sipped her drink.

            “Let him stare. I’m done dancing for a while,” I took a seat at the Grand Table where the royal family and Royal Council sat. There were only two more dances left to the Festival of Green and then we greet the warm weather.