Venus

I kid you not when I tell you the tale. It was long ago in what some may call another realm. I call it a bit of magic.

            It was before writing and organized storage was of much use to people. There was once a kingdom sitting in present-day Europe. Laying somewhere between the lush Swiss Alps and the English Channel was a grand and prosperous kingdom. Many lived in good conditions there. Few had much to complain about. There was a dreadful gang problem but that was between gangs and the guard and civilians were hardly involved. Gangs were mostly to rebel the guards in the streets.

            Ruling this land was the king and queen and their daughter. The king was a man of great stature with short, dark hair and a trimmed and clean-looking beard. The queen was a beauty unlike another. She had golden hair and eyes like the ocean with a perfect button nose centered perfectly in her face. The princess had long golden hair and eyes like the sea with a long curved nose right in place above her thick, luscious lips.

            The royal family had several advisors. The king’s council included Sir Henry Dubois, Sir Charles Bradshaw, Lucas Wellington, Harrison Roberts, and Lord Bradley Harrisford.

            The queen was not without say in the kingdom. Her husband, being quite cold to the public eye, contradicted her sweet and loving side. The king was no tyrant- he was very caring towards his citizens. His wife looked the part more than he did. She was the voice of the people. She went out with her daughter and socialized and talked with the people, no matter how rich or poor and she instructed her daughter to do the same.

            The princess was mannered and spoke when spoken to- in the public eye. Her parents’ tame and mannered nature was in complete contradiction to hers. She was bold and daring, but nonetheless sweet and very compassionate. She was rather strong for her size and she loved anything that would put a gray hair on her parents’ perfect heads. She had two best friends who kept her out of the most serious of trouble. Sir Henry Dubois’s daughter, Emily Dubois, was her companion since childhood. Lord Bradley Harrisford’s daughter, Maggie Harrisford, had met her three years ago.

            The kingdom of Venus prospered until that age when a terrible war nearly destroyed the kingdom, but that one princess, Princess Tara Anne, just may have saved it.

            Before I read you from her point of view, you must know- this world and time was a magical world and time. There was magic. The story-time creatures you heard of as a child or “mythological” creatures lived here, in this time and age. It was a beautiful balance and it all fell into place before we started writing our records. Let us begin…