CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

JAB WE MET (PART A)

I saw her entering with her friend from the corner of my eye.She looked like an angel.My heart had rung the bell when I saw her picture.She looked so fragile so innocent.

She was constantly looking on the floor while walking.She looked very tensed.She folded her hands to wish everyone.

"Idhar aao beta , mere paas"my mom asked her to sit beside her,luckily right in front of me.

I don't know why but I felt so good seeing her sitting beside my mother.

"lagta hai bhabhi final ho gyi hai"Dhruv who was sitting next to me whispered in my ear.

I hit him hard with my elbow and asked him to shut up.

Mom asked her a few things to most of which she replied in a nod.They were speaking very slowly so I was unable to hear them.But I managed to steal a few glimpses of her beautiful face .

Mom then looked at dad who in turn looked towards me. He knew what I wanted.

"Murthy ji, hamein to bitiya pasand hai,bas ab ek baar bachhe bhi aapas me baat kar lete to" My dad said

"Kyu nahi Malhotra sahab.Afterall bacho ki life ka sawaal hai" Nandini's father replied with a smile.

They all got up and left us alone in the hall.I could feel the tension building up.She was still sitting on the sofa right in front of me.Her gaze still fixed on the floor.

A few minutes passed in silence like that only.Finally I got up and sat beside her.

I didn't know where to start from.This was the first time I was meeting a girl for such a purpose.

"hi" I said "I am Manik" as if she didn't know my name.

"hi ,I am nandini" she replied . And finally I got to hear her voice which was as beautiful as her.She was still not looking at me.Her eyes were fixed on her bracelet in her wrist which she was fiddling with her other hand . I could make out from her body language that she was very stressed.

JAB WE MET( PART B)

"Listen , relax" he said " Together we need to take the most important decision of our lives today.So you need to de stress yourself for that first"

"hmmm" I nodded and that's all I could say.I still didn't have the courage to look at him.He was sitting just beside me and I could feel jitters in my body .

"So Nandini I wanna know a few things and I want you to be very honest with the answers.Tell me if there is any kind of family pressure on you to get married or any such sort of a thing, trust me on this.If you're not interested in this proposal then you can tell me right now.I will handle things in my own way.Just feel free to express yourself." he said in an ever serious tone .

I couldn't believe my ears.I had heard from my cousins and friends about boys asking weird questions on their first meeting but this man, he was concerned about me and my feelings.He had impressed me first by his looks and then by his concern for me.

Hearing this for the first time I looked at him.Our eyes met .Navya wasn't wrong.He was actually very handsome.My heart was beating erratically.

"Nandini" he called out again breaking my trance "where are you lost?"

" ummm No " I replied mentally slapping myself for being so dumb and lost.But the fact was that his proximity was affecting me badly.

"You are only 20 and I am 25...are you okay with the age difference of 5 years"he wanted to know

"But am turning 21 next week"I replied promptly

.Aiyoo Nandini Murthy cant you behave normally.Either you are too slow to answer or too spontaneous.What will he think of you .

But when I looked at him he was smiling.I think he got a hint of my willingness.

"OH k.."he said "Now that I have got my answers don't you wanna know anything...about ME"

"Nothing"I replied calmly timing myself properly this time.

"uhhu uhuu"I heard someone coughing from a distance.It was Navya.

"Namaste ji,hum Navya naveli hai, nandini ki saheli Patna se" she said coming forward.

"Namaste" he replied

"woh aunty uncle aapko bahar bula rahe the, Lunch tyaar hai"

We went outside and to our surprise everyone froze as if waiting for some announcement.Manik looked at his parents and signaled his approval.His father came forward and hugged him.

"Murthy ji, hamare bte ko Nandini bitiya pasand hai.Hamari taraf se haan hai" he announced

My parents asked for my approval and I nodded.

"Nandini bitiya ko bhi Manik Beta pasand hai Malhotra sahab...to ab hum officially samdhi ban gaye" Appa said hugging Manik's dad.Amma came and hugged me tightly.

There was chaos in the room as everyone was congratulating each other.Everyone seemed to be very happy.

Amma brought a sweet box "Lijiye muh meetha Kijiye" she said putting a big piece in Manik's mouth .

Appa hugged Manik .He touched my parents feet to take blessings .

"welcome to the family beta" Manik's mom said hugging me tightly. "I am so excited just can't tell you.Main kal hi pandit ji ko bulwa ke shaadi ki nearest date nikalwati hu.kyu Maanik" she said looking at him but he seemed busy in his own thoughts

"H..Ha ..ann Haanji Mom" he finally replied after a pause

I bent to touch her feet but she stopped me midway.

"Arrey nahin beta , hum tumhe apni beti banana chahte hai , aur hamare yahan betiyan paav nahin chhuti, kyu malhotra ji"she said looking at her husband

"bilkul ji bilkul...aaj se aap hamari bitiya ho aur ye hamara jawai" he said patting Manik's shoulder. Everyone started laughing at his statement.

"Par main to aapko bhabhi hi bulaonga , afterall koi to bhai ki side bhi hona chahiya na. By the way I am Dhruv" he said forwarding his hand.

Manik was standing beside me did not speak anything but I could feel his gaze all the time.

"Aur hum aapko jijaji bulayenge"Navya said looking at Manik.

"Jijaji" he said in a surprised tone"Nahin nahin Manik is alright...Pls call me Manik only"

"Arrey nahin...hum to jijaji hi bulayenge...Jeeejaaajiii" she said stressing

I couldn't help but smile at this cute gesture of Navya.

Manik's POV

Aur karle beta shaadi,ab shaadi ke ye chhote mote side effects to bear karne hi padenge.

Finally everyone had lunch.

"Murthy ji kal hamare farmhouse par roka ceremony kar lete hai jisme ki sirf hum sab bas family ke hi log hi honge aur Pandit ji to wahan honge hi to aage ke functions ki dates bhi finalise kar lenge"Malhotra uncle told my appa while leaving.

Nandini and I exchanged a goodbye glance and we left.

MANAN FF:STRANGERS TO SOULMATES[COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें