CHAPTER 10

A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY!

Jisko duaanon me maanga

Tu hai wahin humnawa

Tere bina mushkil hai

Ek bhi kadam chalna

Bin tere kahan hai

Manzil pyaar ki!!

I didn't sleep at all that night.Though my pain was gone ,I kept tossing on the bed thinking about him as my greatest blessing by Aiyappa.Navya was happy to see me and slept in peace after wishing me.

Amma and appa returned from Pune with Amms early in the morning.They all wished me and showered me with countless blessings.It was an emotional moment as this was going to be my last birthday with them.Dad and Mom called up to wish me and also to invite us for the pooja which was being held at the temple in the evening.Navya had stayed back to attend the pooja with us.

My phone buzzed.A text from Manik that said

"Happy birthday once again princess.Got to finish some important business tasks before I meet you at the pooja this evening.Miss you more than words can say!Take care!"

"Miss you too" I murmured to myself

Blushing had become my second nature...something like a chore that we have to do every now and then.And people around me had by now got used to this habit of mine.Infact they also blushed assuming what I must be going through.

Finally the day passed and it was evening .The driver had come to pick us up and this time Mr. Malhotra had played no mischiefs. Mom, Dad and Dhruv were waiting for us outside the temple.My eyes were looking for him but he wasn't there.

"welcome ji welcome" Mom dad spoke in unison as they exchanged greetings with Amma ,Appa , Amms and Navya.

"Happy wala birthday bhabhi" Dhruv came forward and gave me a beautiful bouquet "and before you ask lemme tell you bhai is on his way, reaching in a few minutes" I turned red in embarrassment as my heart started throbbing on hearing about him! Everyone was laughing at my situation as I bent my head to avoid eye contact with anyone of them.

"Arrey dhruv kyu meri beti ko pareshann karte rehte ho" Mom said coming forward and hugging me.

"Happy B'day beta" she said handing me a jewllery box "This is a small gift from us .Kholo aur batao kaisa hai?"

" Thx mom, its very beautiful" I said as I opened it and found a solitaire string in it.I handed the box and bouquet to navya so that she could take care of it.

"Many Many happy returns of the beta, God bless you"Dad side hugged me.

"There comes bhai" Dhruv said and I quickly turned behind as my heart skipped a beat . He wore a white pathani suit and was looking charming as ever.I watched him as he came and stood beside me.He greeted my family and touched their feet.

"Aayie Murthy ji, andar chalein" Dad said and all the elder members followed him inside the temple.

Finally he looked towards me " Hi , happy birthday" he said

"bas aise hi wish karoge aap bhabhi ko, sookha sookha"Dhruv mocked"Kya bhai, aap to bahut unromantic nikle"

"Arrrey ab sabke saamne to aise hi karenge naa, special wali wishes to kal raat ko nandu ke ghar ke terrace pe hi exchange ho gayi, kyu jijaji "Navya replied sheepishly.

Both of us turned crimson red thinking about last night and they laughed on top of their voices.

"Achha bhai, aap to bade chhupe rustam nikle.sahi jaa rahe ho phir to."

MANAN FF:STRANGERS TO SOULMATES[COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें