CHAPTER 2

THE CHIT CHAT

We hadn't exchanged our phone numbers but still my heart was awaiting his call every second.My phone was glued to my hands all the time.Appa, amma and I were having discussions regarding gifts to be given during roka ceremony when suddenly the door bell rang.My heart skipped a beat.I went up to open the door and was amazed to see Dhruv standing there with a packet in his hands.

"hello once again bhabhi" he said with a big smile.

"hello, come inside"

"no bhabhi, I just came to hand over this packet to you.Mom has sent a dress which you have to wear tomorrow" He said handing over the packet to me."Also , tomorrow our driver will be here at 10 am to take you to the farmhouse."

"ohh thx"and before I could say anything further he placed a small piece of paper in my hand and eloped from there.I was totally startled at this act of his.I opened its folds and found a 10 digit number written on it and below it was written "Bhai's phone number."My mouth opened and eyes widened to form a perfect O.

"Kaun aaya tha beta"I quickly slid the paper in my pocket on hearing Amma's voice.

"wo...wo actually amma Dhruv tha"I stammered trying to hide my amusement as I headed back to their room .I opened the dress packet. It was a lovely peachish pink shade lehenga choli which was very apt as per the occasion...niether too light nor to heavy.I loved it.I tried it to see if it required any alterations but surprisingly it was a perfect fit for me.

Later we retired to our rooms.I took out the slip from my pocket and looked at his number for a few minutes.I saved the number in my phone and after actually having a mental spat with my heart "to call or not to call" for a good few minutes , I decided upon midway.I thought it was better to text him through whats app.

My heart started racing rapidly on seeing his whats app DP.He was online which made the tiny insects flutter in the pit of my stomach. Calming them down, I finally managed to text him.

N:- Hi

M:- Hey how are you?

His reply was really quick as if he was expecting my message!

N:- Fine! How bout u?

M:-Not Fine!

N:-Why what happened?

I was really worried.

M:-Nothing much.Its just that someone's beautiful smile has casted its magic spell on me.

I blushed the moment I understood what he meant! Insects in stomach getting uncontrollable.

N:- just the smile???

M:- Can't get over the smile and think of anything else.By the way how did you find the dress?

N:-Absolutely beautiful!!!

M:-I chose it...FOR YOU!

N:-Thx!!Your choice is beautiful!

M:-ofcourse! You had any doubts bout it!

N:-not at all!

M:-Cant wait to see you wearing it tomorrow!

N:-Its late...cya tomorrow.GN.

M:GN...dear!

I read his messages over and over again.My smile had casted a spell on him.He chose the dress for me.And gud night... dear. I was blushing profusely.This boy managed to impress me at every encounter.Thinking about him I drifted to sleep...

MANIK'S HOUSE

"bhai, aapka number to pahuncha diya maine, ab mujhe kya milega"Dhruv said rubbing his hands

"Anything you want , tu bol to sahi"I assured him

"ohhho bhai, anything! You mean seriously anything! Kya baat hai ! itna chhota sa kaam kiya and you're ready to give anything. Bhabhi ke aane se bahut fayda hone wala hai mujhe to!"

"Oh shut up Dhruv, you are saying as if I ever said no to you for anything before"

"Arrey nahin bhai , no to nahi kehte the but itni jaldi yes bhi nahi kehte the.Anyways Am Loving it!!! Achhe din aane wale hai hooohooo ache din aane wale hain" he sang these last lines and left my room.I stood there smiling ,thinking Did I really change in the last 12 hours...OMG!!!

I was fiddling with my phone.Checked the message box umptieth time to see if she had left any message.I was pretty sure that if she calls or texts me , the bell will not ring! Am I sounding dumb?Yes I have gone dumb!

And finally I get a message from an unknown number .

"Hi"

I checked the whats app DP of the sender. It was HER. Finally I mean finally she did it!

I didn't take a second to reply. We had a small chat session.I thought of calling her up but then for some unknown reason held myself back probably it was late and I wanted her to sleep n be ready in time for the transformative morning of our lives the very next day.

My eyes were sleep deprieved . But eventually thinking about the day's events and ofcourse her beautiful smile I was unaware when sleep took over.

Precap;

M:Ok be ready.I will be there to pick you up!

I was shocked.Didn't Dhruv say that driver would pick us up then why was manik saying so.What would Amma and Appa say?

MANAN FF:STRANGERS TO SOULMATES[COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें