chapter 10 (final draft)

She was so busy working through the next couple of days, knowing she needed to make a list of the things that needed her attention and then prioritize them. It was the betas work and Axel was trying his best to help her but there wasn't much he could do with his limited knowledge.

"Alpha!" Cain entered the room, shock on his face.

Ariel looked at him with a blank expression on her face, she had specifically said she didn't want to be interrupted unless it was important.

"Trust me, you want to know." He said with a grin. She raised an eyebrow, curiosity in her eyes. "he mind-link's back."

She smiled at that. "Good, I expected it would be."

"Can you use it?" He asked her hesitantly.

"Not yet. It'll take time." She said. He nodded and started to step back but she called his name. "Since you are here, call for a meeting and come get me when everyone's assembled."

He bowed his head and left her.

She looked over her list of things that were to be done as she sat at the head of the table. "Axel." She extended a map to him.

HE took it and stood up, knowing what she wanted him to do. He headed to the bigger map behind her and started copying the smaller one on it.

"I have marked the boundary of the pack lands and the pack town with red." She said, leaning back and addressing her men. "We are going to fortify the lands. Meaning, we are building a wall around the pack lands to protect us from further attacks."

They all had various expressions on their faces.

"I know we have always been a friendly pack and I know we don't really want to change that but we don't have another choice. We are really too vulnerable right now and if you plan to expand and eventually bring your mates here and start families, we need to be able to assure them we can protect them."

There was no more hesitance after that. Male wolves would do anything for their mates and pups. They all knew that. Changing some pack traditions was nothing compared to that.

"Also, it'll take some time to go to the banks and companies before I have any control over them. So while that happens, we don't really have a lot of money. So we sort of need to watch the bills and the money we spend."

"But doesn't that mean making the wall will have to wait?" TJ asked.

She nodded. "Yes. So we need to make a schedule for patrolling. Cain, Cameron, get on it." She looked at the two.

They both nodded.

"Then comes the town." She said, sitting forward, knowing it will be a sensitive issue. "We can't keep it like it is. New start right? We take it down."

"But..." Nick started.

"No." She shook her head. "There will be no argument on it. I know you are attached to it. We all are but we can't keep it like it is. We need to be strong. Our families wouldn't want us to hang on to their things like this."

"I agree." Axel said, sitting down.

"It is better this way, trust me." She said softly and then turned back to the issue. "We'll begin from the pack house, keep memoirs that you want, I am not going to stop that. Each of you will deal with your families and then relatives and then whichever house or room is left will be taken care of mutually."

"When do we start?"

"Tomorrow, sooner the better." She said, not sharing her reasons for it. "Whatever issue you have, talk to me."