If He Wasn't So Darn Cute, I'd slap him

My name is Sierra! Hi there! :) So, first I want to say thank you for stopping to read this. I've worked hard to get it the way I would like it and am hoping that you'll enjoy it. Second, if you think it could be better- tell me! Constructive criticism is wanted, but not mandatory. Third, comment when you're done (if you would be so kind), and vote if you enjoyed it.

Thanks guys!

~ Sierra

P.S. Comment: it'll save babies.

Edited 7/29/2012

_________________________________________________________________________

        “Seaver, just talk to him, for goodness sakes! Does he look that bad?”

        I glanced quizzically at the boy to my lower right. A crowd of kids swarmed around his table like he was the Messiah, their trays of food hardly touched as he talked in a hushed tone. On the bright side, he wasn’t terrible looking. It was easy to tell why most of the crowd around him were female. He had a nice face, with pretty hazelnut hair and a coy smile. The boy laughed, low and soft. The dreary cafeteria seemed to brighten at the sound. The girls around him licked their lips hungrily when he took half of his pizza and shoved it straight into his mouth. Immediately, my thoughts of him changed.

        Yeah, that’s definitely sexy.I sighed and turned back around in my seat.

        “Look, Chance, I’m just not interested in anyone. Leave it alone,” I mumbled. My best friend rolled her eyes; her baby blues sparkled against the fluorescent lighting.

        “You are still the worst liar ever, Seaver Proctor,” she teased, her slender lips pulled into a wide grin. I grunted half-heartedly in return. I didn’t feel like playing this game today.

        Ever since I turned sixteen, it was as if the whole world held their breath for me to get a boyfriend. And it’s not like I didn’t want one, because I did. I mean, what teenage girl didn’t want a boyfriend? But I had more important things to worry about: School, friends, finding a job. But that still didn’t stop my friends from shoving every cute boy down my throat until I choked.

        They claimed it was a right of passage into “womanhood” or finding “the one.” I called it tedious, a time waster, and quite frankly, not on the top of my priority list..

        I feebly picked at the cafeteria food with my spork, which I deftly named Batman, and glanced back at the guy. He was laughing again, throwing his head back at some joke his friend made. I frowned. Yeah, I wasn’t interested but still, why do the plain, average girls have to be tortured with beautiful boys they would never have? I sighed again, defeated. Chance always spotted the guys that were in her league. Not mine.

        “Can I give you a tip?” The hold on my fork tightened abruptly at Carly’s voice. Carly and I have been friends for a long time; too long actually. I hated being her friend, but I didn’t have the heart to tell her no. I was the one she would call at three in the morning when she was on the verge of doing something stupid. I didn’t like it, but someone had to do it. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if something happened to her simply because I didn’t want to deal with her bullshit.

        “I think you’re too masculine.” My head shot up and I stared at her, open-mouthed. What? The other girls at the table: Amber, Brittani, Betty, who was dating Brittani, Kylie, and Jordan looked at her. An awkward silence filled the air before Betty said: “That was a little harsh, Carl.”

        “Yeah, seriously, you could have said that way better,” Brittani chimed in, her short ebony locks bouncing against her heart shaped face.