Chapter 4 - The First Sign

Donghae's POV

I left Yoona outside for a reason. It was to make her cry all the pain out. Yoona really likes Siwon. She might not admit it, but I can see it in her eyes.

I went to my room closing the door slightly open and leaned carefully by the door. What did you all expect me to hear? Of course, it was her cry. I wanted to comfort her, but something was just pulling me back. It was my past.

3 years ago, I was still working for Star Entertainment Theater Productions. Yes, I had the same profession as Yoona. I met a girl there named Eunhae. She was the loveliest and most adorable young lady I have ever met. She’s not only good at acting, but also at cooking, singing, and dancing. All the characteristics that you want to see in a girl is all with her. GIRLS OUT THERE, DON’T BE JEALOUS. JUST BE YOURSELF – YOU’LL MEET THE RIGHT GUY. Okay, back to where I was, every time I see her every day, I can’t help myself but fall in love with her. Soon, I got a chance to work with her – be closer to her. We got to know each other more. Then, we later started a relationship when we were both ready.

Time flew so fast, and we were going to celebrate our 2nd anniversary already.  I told her to meet me up at one of the most luxurious fine dining restaurants in Korea, but she never replied to my text. I started to get worried, so I went to her house to check up on her. To my surprise, she was there with another boy from our company hugging while cooking. I felt my body shivering from what I saw. All I could do that time was to stare at what was happening until she ran out trying to explain things to me.

“Oppa, I’m so sorry! It’s not what you think! Let me explain,” she exclaimed.

“It’s fine now, Eunhae. You don’t need to explain. I now know everything. We’re over.”

I started running away from her, but she still kept following me – crying out the pain she felt. She kept on calling my name until I heard a loud crash. I froze. My girlfriend – ex girlfriend just got involved in a car accident.

We immediately brought her to the hospital. She was actually still conscious about everything. She never even bothered the pain but rather just explained things to me. Even though I totally lost my trust in her, I still can’t help myself but to care for her. While we were on the way to the hospital, I have been blaming myself for her accident. I kept praying to God that she would make it but it suddenly went flat. She’s gone. Gone forever.

I resigned from my company to forget all my past with her and studied in the US. There, I met Siwon hyung who helped me at the darkest days of my life. He shared to me Bible Verses every day that helped me to be who I am now --  a better person who trusted God all the time.

You may wonder why I didn’t like to comfort Yoona. I made a promise a year ago not to have any contact with theater actors/ actresses. First of all, they would just remind me all about her. Second, I don’t like to comfort people anymore because for me, they will all just betray me at the end.

I couldn’t stand it anymore. She kept on crying and crying like the whole house was already going to flood. I went out and made loud sounds to give her time to wipe her tears.

“Hmm, I have an idea. Why don't we go out today? It'll be boring to stay here. “

“Where are we going?” she said while sniffing.

“Let's first go to CGV Cheongdam Cine City then we'll decide our next destination from there. Okay?” I said with a smile.

“Okay,” she replied also with a small smile.

“Are you okay?”

To my surprise, a tear fell from her eye.

“Don’t cry. I’m here. I’ll make this your BEST DAY EVER.” I wiped her tears. Suddenly, she blushed. I had to break the silence.