8. More Tears

Bella's POV

I woke up a little confused of the time. I turned to see that it was 1 AM and the TV was still on.

They were replaying an interview of Tyler after the game. I guess he got the 3rd goal to his hat trick after I fell asleep.

"Tyler, where did all that energy you had tonight come from?" The interviewer asked.

"Umm well I can't really say" he responded with that smirk that I love.

"You can't say...but you know what it is. Is it a girl?" They continued to push for an answer

"Yes, the most beautiful girl I've ever met. She promised me she'd be watching me tonight. I was hoping to impress her a little bit and I can't wait to see her when I get back home." He answered with a big smile, red cheeks and a sparkle in his eyes.

I quickly shut the TV and sighed. "Shit, what do I do?" I thought. He cares about me. I'm going to hurt him bad. I guess it's better to hurt him sooner than later. When he gets back I'll meet with him. I'll tell him it won't work...ever.

I closed my eyes and tried my best to forget about Tyler Fricken Seguin.

--------------------------------------------

The Next Morning

I woke up at 9 AM and still had a pounding headache. I've done way to much crying in the last day. I reach to my phone realizing I haven't turned it on since before my midterm. I had 6 texts... 4 from Tyler.

4:15
From: Tyler💎😍😏🍕
How'd your test go?

5:00
From: Mom
Hi honey, how was your midterm?

6:30
From: Tyler💎😍😏🍕
I want to remind you that the game is on in half an hour.

10:30
From:Tyler 💎😍😏🍕
Are you okay? Jamie said you and Brielle were arguing...he said you were both really upset. I guess that's why you haven't answered. I'm here if you need me.

8:15Am
From: Tyler💎😍😏🍕
Good morning beautiful. I hope you're feeling better. I scored 3 goals for you last night😜

8:45 AM
From: Brielle 💕💩
Hey, I'm really sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have said the things I said. Hopefully you can forgive me.

I wasn't ready to forgive her. Of all people, Brielle is the one who should understand. She listened to me when I was heartbroken. She understands why I'm not going to let Tyler in. I have to protect myself and nobody else. It sounds horrible, but I won't make it through another heartbreak. I'm just not ready.

My mom could wait...I talked to her before the exam yesterday.

As for Tyler, well I have no idea what to do. I can't text him like nothing's wrong because it will hurt him more when I turn him down. I feel bad...very bad. He really is a sweetheart, but Michael was once a sweetheart, too. I thought he cared and unfortunately he stopped caring. I can't let Tyler do the same thing to me.

I decide to just give Tyler a short response. I'll tell him I'm not feeling up to talking right now. I guess I'm going to try my best to avoid him.

To: Tyler💎😍😏🍕
Sorry Tyler, I don't feel like talking about anything right now. I'm still too upset. I just need a break from everything. I'm turning my phone off. I'll be okay...I guess. Btw nice hat trick.

I put my phone down feeling the tears swell up in my eyes. Why did it hurt me so much to send that message? The thing is...I'm not okay and all I want is to talk to him. I find myself imagining what it would be like if he were here...telling me everything will be okay. But, in reality, nobody should ever promise that it will be okay. 'It will be okay' is a lie that I won't fall for again.

I feel like I'm starting to care about Tyler, but I can't allow myself to care.

I'm kind of hungry. I haven't eaten anything since a small breakfast yesterday. I decide to go to the small cafe down the street. I pick up my usual, a mocha iced coffee and a chocolate muffin. I run back to my dorm, avoiding everyone, and go back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a short filler chapter. A lot happened last chapter and the next chapter will be long too.

How much longer could Bella shut everyone out?

My next update will probably be Sunday night or Monday morning