14. Benched

Tyler's POV

Finally after a long day of traveling, Jamie and I make it to our hotel room.

I decided to take my phone off of airplane mode and call my mom. I haven't spoken to her in a few days.

When my phone turns on there is a missed call from Bella. I sigh thinking of what has happened in the past 24 hours.

I lost the girl I love.

I hurt her.

I can feel Jamie looking at me, so I look up at him.

"I'm going on the balcony to call my mom" he just nods in response as I walk out and dial home.

Bold: Tyler italic :home

Hello?

Hey Cassidy! I miss you.

Hey Ty, I miss you too. What's up?

Um nothing really. I just thought I should call.

Are you okay? Your voice sounds different.

I'm fine Cass. Please, put mom on.

But, Tyler I know something's wrong.

Even though Cassidy is much younger, we are so close. Sometimes I think we know each other too well.

Cassidy there is no reason to worry about me, okay?

I hear mom in the background ask who is on the phone.

Tyler, here's mom. Love you.

Love you too Cass. Tell Candace I miss her and to text me.

Tyler are you okay. Why does Cassidy seem so concerned?

No, I'm not okay.

What?! What's wrong honey?

Mom calm down. I just- I met a girl and I know I love her. But I hurt her and I don't deserve her. I don't know what to do and I can't think straight because I haven't slept. My head is pounding. I miss home. I miss you and dad and the girls. I'm in a city I'm not in the mood to be in. We have a game tonight and I can't even function properly. My stomach is turning all day and my chest hurts from all this guilt. I just- I just needed to hear your voice.

I was sobbing on the phone to my mother. I don't know what is getting to me. This is so unlike me. If this is what love feels like, I don't want it. I'd rather live the single life and enjoy hockey.

Tyler calm down. You need to breathe. I've never heard you like this before and I'm worried. But, if this is over a girl I know the problem. You need to call this girl and apologize for whatever you did. Maybe just try to focus on tonight's game. Take a nap and wake up with you mind set on winning. When you get back to Dallas we will come visit you. Okay?

Okay, Mom. I don't want you guys to worry. I feel better now. I guess taking a nap might work. I'm exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally.

Yes, I know. I know you better than you know yourself. Get some sleep. Hang out with Jamie. I love you so much.

I love you too. Talk to you later Mom.

Bye honey.

Alrighty then! I guess I'm taking a nap.

--------------------------------------------
Bella's POV

We get back to our dorms, but Brielle and I don't go separate ways. She comes into my room.

"Everything will be fine, Bella. I just talked to Jamie." She informed me