Chapter 2: What Holds Me Down

I wake up with Tinker nuzzled up next to me. My arms sting. But the pain brings me pleasure. I find comfort in the pain. I stretch my limbs outwards and yawn. Another day to struggle. Another day where I have to just survive.

     I slowly work my way out of my bed, and walk to the door of my bedroom. I can hear the loud angry voices of my family, I sigh. Today was going to be a long day. Even though I'm hungry I sit quietly on the floor of my room listening to the voices outside the door. 

    All I can hear is muffled noises, nothing prominent enough to make out. I hear my brother's voice in rage, "I'M DONE. I'M LEAVING." I hear my parents' cry out to him, telling him to stop. But he didn't listen. I was free from emotion. Blank. Nothing. I felt nothing. My own brother, leaving me. Leaving us.

    Where would he go? What would he do? Up until today, I thought all he had was his own family. I hear my mother plead, "Nick, please stay. Please don't go." I can practically see the tears in her eyes.

   I fumed with enmity. He had no right to make my mother cry. I got up from the floor, and opened my door quietly. I hear footsteps downstairs, and sobbing. I walk to the tip the of the stairs and see the front door open. He left, for good. He isn't coming back.

   My mother was sobbing on the living room. I walked down the steps, and rushed over to her. I hugged my mom's fragile petite frame. My father outside, trying to talk my brother to stay. He wasn't having any of it. 

   I can't help feeling that this is all my fault. I'm the reason so much misfortune happens to my family. I'm the reason they're held down. I'm holding myself down, along with my family. 

 "He's gone, Michelle." My father drops onto the floor next to my mom. He cries and embraces my mom, Michelle. Empty. If anything, I felt empty. 

  --------

Hey guys! c: So I updated 2 times today, because why not? xD Anyways, thanks for the feedback so far! I promise that the story gets better. <3

     -Ash