I Have A Name Noah, and It's Not Freckles-Chapter 4-

When 5 o’clock rolled around I decided to get ready. I took a five-minute shower; blow dried my hair and braided it into a nice fishtail braid. I wore a white shirt with some dark skinny jeans on and baby blue Converse, it tends to get cold at night so I pulled on my black North Face jacket. I applied a little Mascara before making my way out the house.

“Ali, you actually came!” Megan’s eyes held excitement but I knew that when she had the chance she would scowl me for not picking a cuter outfit. “Come on, they guys are in line for Freak Out.” Joy, a height ride, something I don’t do well with.

“What’s up Freckles?” Jason greeted warmly. Out of all my brothers’ friends, Jason was the nicest. He had always treated me with respect, Megan was lucky to have him and he was lucky to have her.

“Hey Jason, not much.” He smiled and laced his fingers with Megan’s. How cute.

“Freckle Butt!” A voice exclaimed excitedly while wrapping their arm around me shoulder. Noah Sterling of course.

“Hello Noah.” I greeted glumly.

“Come on Freckles, you know you’re happy to see me!” Noah used his looks as much as he possibly could, showing of his body and face. He was a flirt, the biggest you’ll ever meet besides my brother.

“Sure I am, I was dying to see you; I missed you so much the past three months.” I replied sarcastically, making Megan and Jason laugh.

“We all know there’s a little truth behind your sarcasm.” I rolled my eyes.

“Meg, as much as I would love to ride this with you I’m not going to because of my height phobia so instead I’m going to go buy a funnel cake.” She nodded in understandment, I shook Noah’s arm off of me and made my way over to a Funnel Cake stand.

“That’ll be $3.25.” As I was getting ready to pay a hand slammed a five on the counter. “$1.75 is your change.” Noah took the change and slipped it in his pocket.

“Scared of heights Freckles, really?” I nodded my head but rolled my eyes.

“I have a name Noah, and it’s not Freckles.” He smirked.

“Whatever Alison.” I took a piece of my Funnel Cake and put it in my mouth.

“Thanks for paying my the way.” He just nodded, seeming kind of awkward that I thanked him

“No Problem, but now you owe me some of that Funnel Cake.” He took a big chunk of my Funnel Cake and stuffed it in his mouth.

“Oh. My. Gosh, Alison May McMillan, is that you?” I could recognize that gay voice anywhere.

“Seth Daniels!” I squealed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and twirled me around.

“Hey Seth.” Noah said awkwardly, shifting from foot to foot.

“Hey Noah.” Seth looked back at me and gave me an ‘Oh My God are you two dating?’ face. My eyes widened and I shook my head, then he looked my over and shook his head in disapproval.

“Ali, what are you wearing? What are you a nun, being so covered up? Sorry to burst your bubble but this is a fair not a church sanctuary.” I heard Noah laugh from behind me and I turned around to glare.

“I was expecting you to say that, Megan didn’t get the chance to.” Seth rolled his eyes.

“We’re just looking out for you, I mean you put off all that weight and you’re not even showing it off. If you need to go shopping, you know my number.” I cracked a smile.

“Yeah, Yeah don’t count on it.” He sighed and gave me a hug.

“If you’ll excuse me, I have a date and I’m already late.” I shook my head while laughing.

“Go get’em!” He ran off like an excited little girl.

“His sexuality is creepy.” Noah commented. I shrugged my shoulders.

“He’s my best friend, I don’t find it creepy.”

“Yeah Freckles, that’s cause you’re a girl and he isn’t practically undressing you with his eyes.” I rolled my eyes.

“Again with the name Noah.”

“Can’t help it, you’ve got a ton of freckles.”

“Anyways, where’s my brother?” I felt as the tension suddenly grew.

“He’s with the rest of the gang.”

“And why aren’t you with the rest of the gang?”

“I’m tired of Alex’s bullshit.”

“What bullshit?”

“The way he talks about you.”

“It’s not like you don’t do it Noah.” I remarked.

“But he’s your brother, he should treat you with more respect.”

“So just cause you’re not my brother means it’s okay for you to talk badly about me?” My temper grew.

“Alison, it’s different.”

“No it’s not Noah, we’ve practically grown up together. We’ve known each other for like 17 years, hell the three of us to baths together as kids. I don’t see the difference. You can’t just make up a lame excuse like that.”

“Yeah Ali, we’ve known each other for a while, but we’re not blood related like you and Alex are. I’m not your twin am I? No, I don’t think so!” I could tell he was angry, his fists were clenched and his nostrils flared. Yet he didn’t look scary, it just made him look more attractive than he already was.

“It still doesn’t give you the right Noah, you’re being hypocritical. You can’t just go off and say that Alex is saying bullshit and that you’re tired of it when you go around saying bullshit about me too!” I yelled.

“Well sorry for trying to change my ways Ali, I guess you’re still the same person you are when you left!”

“How so Noah?”

“You are still a whiney bitch!” The moment the words left his mouth, his eyes widened. Tears filled my eyes but they didn’t escape. “Ali, I didn’t mean that.” His voice softened.

“That’s what you thought of me, a whiney bitch? Well you Noah are a,” I didn’t know what to call him. “You’re a hypocritical-man whore-asshole!” The anger came back to his face.

“Well then I don’t take back what I said you whiney bitch!”

“Gosh I hate you, Noah! So much!”

“Then why don’t you just leave?”

“I will, if it means getting away from you!” He could tell the tears were about to spill, I guess he seemed glad to make me cry but at the same time he wasn’t. “Go fuck yourself, Noah.”

“Oh great comeback Freckles, but don’t worry I’m sure I can get some random girl to take care of that.”

“You’re such a pig!”

“You’re just mad because you know I would never consider fucking you, you’re to ugly to fuck Ali.” And that’s when the heartbreak started, that’s when my hand made contact with his face giving him and loud slap.

“I hate you.” I whispered, a tear finally sliding down my face as I walked away. In those three seconds that I looked into his dark green eyes, I saw some sort of unexplainable emotion; I for sure saw regret, and a lot of it.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I LOVED writing this chapter, the argument was my favorite part for some reason.

comment

vote 

message