Yeah on a date, which this is not. -Chapter 6-

I took a shower and changed. I picked some Skinny Jeans with a cute printed Chiffon Tank I knew Megan would approve of; I paired it with my baby blue Converse. My makeup consisted of a little Foundation and Mascara. It’s not that I didn’t know about fashion and makeup, I just didn’t see the point in wearing something flashy wherever I went.

“Jason left to go pick up Megan, we’re suppose to meet them there.” Noah said quietly, giving me a fright.

“Same car or separate?”

“Same I think, whatever works.” He replied, sitting on my bed watching me finish getting ready.

“We’ll take my car then.” I pulled my bangs out and redid my ponytail, not really worried about my appearance I turned around and faced Noah. “Let’s go.” I grabbed my wallet and keys and headed for the door.

Let’s just say the ride was awkward. Noah and I didn’t say a word to each other, not that I minded it gave me a chance to think and focus on the road. When he tried to say something I would turn the radio up higher or change the station, I could tell it got on his nerves.

“Ali, Noah, over here! We already got your tickets.” Megan called over.

“Thanks Meg.” She smirked.

“No problem, but you guys are in charge of the sweets.” I nodded.

“That’s fine, you guys go on in.” Noah and I made our way towards the counter; a kid from our school was working it. Brent, I think is his name.

“Noah, what’s up man? Who’s the cutie?” He greeted.

“Alison, Alex’s sister.” He seemed to catch on but not really. “Freckles?” The rang a bell in his head.

“Oh, that’s rights! What’s up Alison?” I shook my head and the flirty voice he was now using.

“Not much, you?” He smiled.

“Oh you know just working, parents want me to make my own cash so I can know what it’s like to actually work.” Of course, he would expect me to feel sorry for him.

“And how’s that going for you?” He shrugged.

“Okay I guess, but I’m on the job and I shouldn’t be talking to cuties like yourself; might get me fired.” He winked.

“Shame.” My voice throughout the conversation held no interest, but I guess he didn’t notice that.

“How bout we talk some other time, hang out maybe? Unless you’re here with Noah, then I’ll back off.” I looked at Noah then at me.

“I’m not here with Noah, date wise that is. But I have no interest on getting to know you better, sorry. Now I’ll have one medium popcorn and one large popcorn, a bottle of water, a Sprite, and a Cherry Coke, I would also like some M&M’s and Sour Punch Straws.” I gave him a sweet smiled. He seemed taken back that I didn’t fall for his charm and got straight to getting my order.

“Your total is $35.16.” Noah handed him his credit card.

“I was going to pay.” I muttered.

“The girl never pays.”

“Yeah on a date, which this is not.” I replied forcefully.

“Alison, just let it go I already paid. Stop being so stubborn.” He groaned.

“Shut up Noah.” He rolled his eyes.

“You shut up.”

“No you.”