Shopping With Mama and The Date-Chapter 3-

I moped around the next morning, refusing to leave my room unless it was for food. Mom came to my room and sat at the edge of the bed. “What’s wrong sweetie? Did your brother say something?” I didn’t look at her, but she already knew the answer to both of her questions. She sighed and gently stroked my face as I cuddled up next to her. “He might not show it but he does love you.” I snorted. “Doesn’t seem like it.” She changed the subject. “Has your taste in interior design changed?” I looked around my room, everything was completely opposite of my taste. I nodded. “You wanna do a little shopping with mama today?” I smiled, that sounded splendid. “Can we bring Thomas along? I really missed him.” I could feel her smile. “Sure pumpkin, I’m sure he’d like that. Just go get ready and we’ll leave.” I got up and went to take a shower as soon as she left my room.

I picked some cut off denim shorts, the cowgirl boots Grammy had gotten me as a welcoming gift, a white cami and a light green button up that I left unbuttoned. I straightened my naturally wavy hair and applied a tad bit of makeup.

Thomas was jumping around the entire store. “What color do you want for the walls?” I envisioned what I wanted my room to look like on the way to the first store. “A pretty pale blue.” I smiled, something blue to remind me of the open sky at Grammy and Gramps farm. She showed my different types up pale blues and I picked the one that matched to my imaginary room. “I like that color. Now, furniture.” This store had everything! My furniture would be a creamy white color with black accessories. Mom like my idea of white wood paneling on the walls, reaching mid wall from floor up.

Mom took me to another store for room accessories and my bedding. “What do you think of this one?” I asked Thomas who was rested on my hip. “Yucky!” I laughed at his cuteness. “And this one?” He got excited. “That one sissy, that one!” the bedding was simple and I liked it, I was all black with white connecting circles; it matched perfectly with my room. I decided to add an additional color, grey, to my palette. “Should I get a comfy chair?” Thomas nodded so we went to the furniture section in the store and quickly picked a grey armchair. “Sissy are we almost done? I’m hungry.” I chuckled. “Yep, we’re completely done!” we went out for lunch after that, Thomas got to pick sense he hadn’t gone anywhere he wanted.

My room was a mom-daughter project, we got to spend bonding time and talked about everything we didn’t get to talk about for three months. She asked if I made friends, a boyfriend, and if I liked it there. There was nothing like bonding time, even if at the end we were exhausted. “Did you girls do this yourself?” Dad asked in surprise. We nodded, flopping back in my bed. “You guys did a great job, it looks wonderful.” I loved my room; it’s so unique and so me.  “Maybe we’ll do the bathroom next week.” Mom joked.

I woke up to my phone buzzing. “Hello?” My voice was still sleepy.

“Hey its me, Meg, anyways can I come over?”

“Yeah sure, let yourself in. I’ll be in my room.” She hung up and I fell back asleep.

“Ali! Ali! Wake up!” Megan yelled, hitting me with a pillow.

“Meg, shut up! I am awake.” I sat up.

“Cute room makeover by the way.” Her voice turned sweet.

“Thanks we did it yesterday. What’s up? Why’d you come to wake me up?” she smiled and blushed.

“I’ve got a date.”

“With?”

“…Jason.” Jason, my brothers’ other best friend Jason?

“Jason Clark?” She nodded and bit her lip, there had always been something going on between them.

“How cute! Now why did you wake me up at 10 o’clock to tell me that? I was trying to sleep in.” Megan rolled her eyes.

“Well, he’s taking me to the fair but I don’t want to go alone with him and the boys so I was wondering if you would come with me.” My jaw dropped.

“But you two will go do your thing and you’ll just leave me!” I exclaimed.

“Please Ali, I’m begging you and I promise not to leave you!” it was my turn to roll my eyes.

“Meg, you always say that!”

“It’ll be different this time I promise.” She always promises, but I always agree,

“Fine, what time?”

“Five thirty!”

“Ok, I’ll be there, and not to be rude but can you leave so I can sleep?” She laughed.

“I guess, see you later! Love you.”

I mumbled an, ‘I love you too’ before falling back to sleep.